first off, out of nowhere my notifications on the facebook website DO NOT work. they'll send to my phone, but when i log into facebook via a computer, it does not notify me of anything, no red bubbles, nothing. i have to click "view all notifications". what gives?

secondly, i have facebook for blackberry installed on my phone (obvz) and i went to go uninstall it in hopes of fixing the no notifications on the site thing, and it's NOT in my applications. when i go to advanced options >> applications it's not there.

i'm running v5.0.0.330 (platform 5.1.0.91) if that helps any,
    11-17-10 12:47 PM
    Were you looking under 3rd party or Add on?

FB is under Applications - Add on

you can also un install it via App World.

I also see you are running .330
    have you though about upgrading to a newer OS, one that is better and more stable like .938 or .979?
    11-17-10 12:51 PM
    i'm new to blackberries, so i'm not really sure how to do this. any tips? upgrading the OS, that is.
    11-17-10 01:04 PM
    i'm new to blackberries, so i'm not really sure how to do this. any tips? upgrading the OS, that is.
    At the top of this forum there is a thread for the official OS, There is a quick how to with in the thread. The first time you do it, it can be kinda intimidating but it's quite easy.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/la...-979-a-545898/
    11-17-10 01:14 PM
    thanks for the link, do i have to connect my blackberry to my computer to install the new OS or can i do it via my phone?
    11-17-10 01:17 PM
    thanks for the link, do i have to connect my blackberry to my computer to install the new OS or can i do it via my phone?
    Honest, and i don't know why, the phone's OS has to be installed on a Windows based OS. If you are using Lunix or Mac you can use a BusyBox or WINE type of program to execute the .exe but that is the only way to do it.
    11-17-10 01:27 PM
    i'm on an imac but i guess i'll try my mom's pc!
    11-17-10 01:29 PM
    i'm on an imac but i guess i'll try my mom's pc!
    IIRC, you can update to the newest official OS via a Mac, but if you are wanting to use a Official, Hybrid, or Leak you need a Windows coding.
    11-17-10 01:47 PM
    You could do it via VMware or virtualbox on your mac once you setup windows within the virtual machine.

Give it a go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 03:49 PM
    The problem i'm having with facebook notifications is that on the app, if i go into notifications its activity that I have done myself, such as it will tell me when i've uploaded a photo or if i've commented on someone's status.
    but it doesn't notify me when someone's commented on my status or wall. etc.
    I've tried looking in the options and i've tried un-installing and re-installing but it stays the same :l
    any ideas??
    01-13-11 04:41 AM
    The problem i'm having with facebook notifications is that on the app, if i go into notifications its activity that I have done myself, such as it will tell me when i've uploaded a photo or if i've commented on someone's status.
    but it doesn't notify me when someone's commented on my status or wall. etc.
    I've tried looking in the options and i've tried un-installing and re-installing but it stays the same :l
    any ideas??
    Try this fix (in the 2nd post):

Two things happened to Facebook after my battery pull...... - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-13-11 02:27 PM
    subscribed
    01-19-11 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD