I followed CXs guide on this site, using DM to back up the apps then I copy/pasted them to another folder on my PC, but
    now when I go to restore them, i dont see that .alx
    file with my pin..? so now I am stuck with just a
    bunch of folders containing ".cod.rem" files. How can
    I use these to get my apps back on the phone? because one of them is paid for.
    thanks guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 12:27 AM
    Did you check hidden files and folders? I have done the 3rd party back up procedure described here in forums and it's worked every time. You have to make sure select that part where it says check hidden files and folders, in your search. If you did that and still can't find it, then perhaps you didn't back them up right.
    08-17-10 02:15 AM
    if you are loading a new OS, the loader.exe way of installing a new OS reloads all device data including 3rd party apps. no need to back them up first.
    08-17-10 02:25 AM
    Ok thank you, but its a little too late for that now lol

08-17-10 01:41 PM
    if you are loading a new OS, the loader.exe way of installing a new OS reloads all device data including 3rd party apps. no need to back them up first.
    This is true, but it is still a good idea to backup and 3rd party apps separately anyway. I have had at least 1 occasion where loader.exe cr@pped out and I was left with a nuked BB. I had to reinstall the OS, then reinstall 3rd party apps and then restore data. If I hadn't done the backups before hand I'd have been SOL.
    08-17-10 03:09 PM
    Use BBSAK to backup the third party applications.
    08-17-10 04:56 PM
    Use BBSAK to backup the third party applications.
    unless im missing something here, when you restore them, they appear as one large lump of apps. they are no longer individually listed. i couldnt stand that.
    08-17-10 06:31 PM
    DM will also restore all 3rd party apps during an OS upgrade.

08-17-10 10:50 PM
    Ok thank you, I realize now that DM is capable of doing this. But to answer my question, what can I do with these files? I have all the apps but they aren't CODs, they're ".cod.rem" extensions. Hm

08-18-10 01:32 AM
    Ok thank you, I realize now that DM is capable of doing this. But to answer my question, what can I do with these files? I have all the apps but they aren't CODs, they're ".cod.rem" extensions. Hm

i dont think you can do anything with them except restore them through DM. the .rem extention is some kind of maintenance file thing. i did some googling, there are only some programs that open or know what to do with it.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 08-18-10 at 01:44 AM.
    08-18-10 01:38 AM
    unless im missing something here, when you restore them, they appear as one large lump of apps. they are no longer individually listed. i couldnt stand that.
    That was my assessment. I don't think you can browse with App Loader in DM and pick and choose what you want to install. That might be okay for a an OS update or reload, but I often do 3rd party backups before I delete apps so I can just reinstall them whenever I want.
    08-18-10 07:37 AM
    How can I do it through DM?

Thanks for your time/patience

08-18-10 07:40 AM
    One of the things you should have done is copy the entire folder, not just the individual files. It sounds like you didn't copy all of the folder contents.

Since you have the .cod files, you might try to install them with BBSAK.
    08-18-10 07:46 AM
    How can I do it through DM?

Thanks for your time/patience

For DM's up to and including DM 5:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Similar for DM 6, except it's under switch devices or something similar.
    08-18-10 08:54 AM
    I did copy the entire folder. I have all the individual folders+files in them.

How do I get DM to recognize them?

wnm, that's the guide I used.. I don't have that file with my Pin that it mentions in it though needed to reload them all
    Thx

08-18-10 01:08 PM
    anyone? im missing my Premium Pageonce app
    08-19-10 03:54 AM
    I did copy the entire folder. I have all the individual folders+files in them.

How do I get DM to recognize them?

wnm, that's the guide I used.. I don't have that file with my Pin that it mentions in it though needed to reload them all
    Thx

Start DM. Go to Application Loader, start Add/Remove Programs, browse to the folder with the 3rd party backup.
    08-19-10 09:43 AM
    Start DM. Go to Application Loader, start Add/Remove Programs, browse to the folder with the 3rd party backup.
    I can't, I don't have the .alx file..
    Dm doesn't recognize .cod.rem files

08-19-10 09:57 AM
    Sorry. Not sure about the .rem files. Have you tried downloading Pageonce again?
    08-19-10 11:19 AM
    No because I want all my settings and stuff back. How do I load plain old CODs to my berry?
    How can I access my internal memory?
    Thx

08-19-10 05:15 PM
    You can load cod files using BBSAK (google).

You can explore internal memories "normal" files using the Explorer in the Media App. Press the bb/menu button and choose Explore. You can do similar if you installed the Roxio media component of the Desktop Manager. If you mean stuff like setting and such, I don't know of any way to do that.
    08-19-10 06:22 PM
    Ok thanks, I'll try the BBSAK method.
    But I didn't mean access internal mem. via the phone, I use the Explore function frequently, but rather cuirious how to do it on the PC, so I could just plant those files myself

Thx

08-19-10 10:48 PM
    Which backup application makes your third party apps look like one lump - DM or BBSAK?
    08-20-10 09:31 AM
    BBSAk does that.
    08-20-10 01:26 PM
    So - does that mean you can't selectively restore?
    08-20-10 01:27 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD