Hey, firstly i want to say that im not from english speaking country so sorry for my bad english.

Now about a problem:
    Yesterday i bought BB BOLD 9700 without BIS. i tried so find info how to use official facebook app, at my blackberry. only way to do this is to instal 1.6 facebook app. but the main problem is that i CANT update facebook news feed and it always shows 1 YEAR OLD friends updates. What i can to do to dismiss this problem?
    10-30-10 08:08 AM
    To use anything expect browsing via blackberry you need to have BIS.
    Your blackberry without bis is like the old phone my grandma had in 1945.
    10-30-10 11:43 AM
    To use anything expect browsing via blackberry you need to have BIS.
    Your blackberry without bis is like the old phone my grandma had in 1945.
    i know everything about that. no offense but i can use internet with blackberry browser without BIS, to check my mail in GOOGLE APP. In fact i dont need blackberry massanger becouse in my family there are no other person with blackberry. I dont need GPS, or maps. everything i need, is phisical qwerty keyboard, internet, and facebook app. i found the way to use it but just like i wrote here problem is refreshing my friends news feed, and im asking you to help me.

So write here just if you know how to fix this problem

P.S. my grandma didn't even thing, or know about phones in 1945
    Last edited by tadexas; 10-30-10 at 02:15 PM.
    10-30-10 01:44 PM
    i know everything about that. no offense but i can use internet with blackberry browser without BIS, to check my mail in GOOGLE APP. In fact i dont need blackberry massanger becouse in my family there are no other person with blackberry. I dont need GPS, or maps. everything i need, is phisical qwerty keyboard, internet, and facebook app. i found the way to use it but just like i wrote here problem is refreshing my friends news feed, and im asking you to help me.

to use the facebook app by RIM you need BIS due to the service books needed.
    10-30-10 03:04 PM

You MUST HAVE a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use the Facebook Application on a BlackBerry. There's no way around it.
    10-30-10 03:34 PM
    you MUSNT have a blackberry plan if you dont want to do this. for exemple you can instal facebook 1.6 and this app almost works good.
    10-30-10 03:42 PM
    The Facebook app is an official RIM app and needs the data plan.

I suggest you stick with using the Mobile site "m.facebook.com" to check on your updates and profile.
    10-30-10 04:28 PM
    Same goes for Twitter by RIM, you need BIS.

You will need to use the facebook mobile site in your case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 04:46 PM
    you MUSNT have a blackberry plan if you dont want to do this. for exemple you can instal facebook 1.6 and this app almost works good.
    I guess your "problem" is solved, then.
    10-30-10 06:56 PM

No one said about your grandma, i said for mine.
    And trust me without data PLAN your BlackBerry is just a PHONE, not a smartphone...
    10-30-10 08:11 PM
    You MUST HAVE a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use the Facebook Application on a BlackBerry. There's no way around it.
    THIS!

Point proven.... Why didn't the OP get a Feature Phone with Facebook and Wi-Fi enabled instead then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD