I might have misread it, but I believe that I read on a post that poynt has voice navigation? is this true? If so, how do i activate it?
    07-21-09 10:48 PM
    Hi!

I believe that you have misread it. Poynt does use the GPS chip, but I don't recall ever seeing voice navi as an option. It maps a route from point A to point B using BBerry Maps or another third party mapping app, such as Google Maps. None of those said apps have voice navi.

If someone can verify or negate my belief, that would be great.
    07-21-09 11:22 PM
    I can verify that. You can link it to VZ Nav and get voice directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 05:39 AM
    Poynt will also work with Nav4All, which has voice navigation as well (and it's free!).
    07-22-09 08:58 AM
    Poynt will also work with Nav4All, which has voice navigation as well (and it's free!).
    I downloaded Nav4All as well as updating to the latest release of Poynt, but Poynt does not recognize Nav4All as a mapping option. Did a few battery pulls just in case, still no luck. Is there another way to tell Poynt to use Nav4All instead of google or BBmaps?

Thanks,

John
    07-22-09 11:40 AM
    I downloaded Nav4All as well as updating to the latest release of Poynt, but Poynt does not recognize Nav4All as a mapping option. Did a few battery pulls just in case, still no luck. Is there another way to tell Poynt to use Nav4All instead of google or BBmaps?

Thanks,

John
    Hi there,
    I work for Multiplied Media, the company that develops and supports Poynt.

At this time Poynt plugs into Gokivo, VZ Navigator, Telus Navigator, AAAMobile, Metro Navigator and Your Nav navigation systems which provide turn by turn voice navigation.

If you have one of those navigation apps, you're able to select it in the "Map Route" section once you have selected a business from your results list.

Hope this helps.
    07-22-09 12:55 PM
    Hi there,

At this time Poynt plugs into Gokivo, VZ Navigator, Telus Navigator, AAAMobile, Metro Navigator and Your Nav navigation systems which provide turn by turn voice navigation.

If you have one of those navigation apps, you're able to select it in the "Map Route" section once you have selected a business from your results list.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your help. So are you saying joski is wrong? Why would you tell me Nav4All works with Poynt, joski? Why?

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.
    07-22-09 05:02 PM
    Hi there,

Hope this helps.
    Definitely great information!

It's a pity, however, because I believe not-a-one of those apps above is free and that each has a certain charge for use of the service. Can't complain too much, though.

Great app, too, btw! I find I use this fairly often and is definitely one of the top 4 or 5 apps that I have on my device, despite the fact that I've only used the GPS mapping for it (unsuccessfully) once while in a neighboring state.
    07-22-09 08:47 PM
    Actually, Gokivo is still free at the moment. It's unlikely to stay that way though. Too bad, because they've gotten me just about hooked. It beats the pants off of amAze and Nav4All.

07-24-09 02:15 AM
    Actually, Gokivo is still free at the moment. It's unlikely to stay that way though. Too bad, because they've gotten me just about hooked. It beats the pants off of amAze and Nav4All.

Goviko looks cool and I'd actually be interested in it myself but, sadly, not available for the 9530 or Verizon. Funny how it's available in the US for AT&T and T-Moblile but not VZW, and even then only for the Bold and Curve.

Don't know if AT&T has a GPS app, but I can't help but wonder if this might be because VZW tries pushing VZ Nav?
    07-24-09 11:04 AM
    Poynt is one of the greatest, easiest to use, apps for the storm yet. Love it.
    07-24-09 01:05 PM
    Goviko looks cool and I'd actually be interested in it myself but, sadly, not available for the 9530 or Verizon. Funny how it's available in the US for AT&T and T-Moblile but not VZW, and even then only for the Bold and Curve.

Don't know if AT&T has a GPS app, but I can't help but wonder if this might be because VZW tries pushing VZ Nav?
    I think AT$T probably bought Gokivo. At the very least I'm pretty sure I read that they're partnering or something, and that their service will eventually be available through AT$T, but I don't care enough at the moment to go sifting through pages that don't render well on my phone to chase down the release I think I read. As an additional disclaimer, the stuff I remember reading in the hours before my exhaustion finally overtakes my insomnia frequently turns out to say something else entirely after I'm rested, so maybe I'm full of it on this one. I hope so. AT$T gets too much of my money as it is. I'd likely have considered supporting Gokivo but if it just means more monthly money to my carrier that can't even give me a reliable phone connection, I'll absolutely be looking to replace Gokivo.

Last edited by digitalb0y; 07-25-09 at 03:21 AM.
    07-25-09 03:18 AM
    Gokivo is not available for the storm right?
    07-26-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD