I was told that I could view movie trailers via Poynt, but I haven't discovered how to do it yet. In the movie section there is supposed to be an option to watch them, but I may not have things configured right. Any advice?
    11-11-09 07:59 AM
    all you have to do is click on the movie and a sub menu should come up and click on view low/medium/high trailer it will automatically go into your browser and it will ask if you want to open or save or cancel just hit play and that should be it.....
    11-11-09 08:29 AM
    I have clicked on multiple movies in multiple screens, but no sub menu ever comes up and the BB menu does not offer that option either. Perhaps it's my ISP or some other thing that prohibits this....
    11-11-09 09:15 AM
    Do you have a data plan?
    Last edited by Fallfree; 11-11-09 at 10:49 AM.
    11-11-09 10:43 AM
    All you have to do is hit the BB button and the options to view trailer should show up when you have selected a movie. If no options are there when you hit the BB button then I have no idea.
    11-11-09 11:18 AM
    Yes. I have a data plan. I'm now wondering if the ability to view trailers is subject to the BB model. Maybe my 8330 Curve is not able to do it? On the other hand, there may be a setup option I have not configured correctly.

When I hit the BB button and the choices appear, there is not one to view trailers.
    Last edited by dawgfan76; 11-11-09 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-11-09 11:52 AM
    I guess it could be a model issue I'm not sure... Does it tell you the times of the movies and theaters around you?
    11-11-09 12:26 PM
    Yup. I get everything 'cept the ability to view the trailer.
    11-11-09 12:29 PM
    Hmmmm can you watch any vid on your phone Youtube?
    11-11-09 12:32 PM
    Yes. When I click on a video, my phone opens media player and plays it. Is this the same thing that should happen with the movie trailes?
    11-11-09 12:38 PM
    Well I'm at a loss I would try deleting the app and then downloading it again see if that helps if it doesn't sorry I tried.....
    11-11-09 12:43 PM
    Yes. When I click on a video, my phone opens media player and plays it. Is this the same thing that should happen with the movie trailes?
    Yes it is and it gives you the option to play save or cancel....
    11-11-09 12:45 PM
    Thanks very much for taking your time. I appreciate it and may try the uninstall/reinstall trick.
    11-11-09 12:49 PM
    No problem hope it works out for you...
    11-11-09 12:50 PM
    Are you running the most recent version of Poynt?

Latest is v1.4.2.72
    11-11-09 12:51 PM
    Are you running the most recent version of Poynt?

Latest is v1.4.2.72

Yes.

To clarify, when I go to Movies, then Movies Near Me, thenclick on a movie title, then hit the BB button I get these choices:
    Theaters Playing
    Movie Overview
    Read Review
    Email to Friend
    New Search Location
    Map My Search Location
    Back
    Main Menu
    Businesses
    People
    Movies
    Restaurants
    Map It
    Send Poynt to a Friend
    About Poynt
    Options & Settings
    Send Us Feedback
    Close

Sorry for TMI, but there may a clue for someone in this

edit - I get the same choices by hitting either the trackball or the BB button.
    Last edited by dawgfan76; 11-11-09 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addl info
    11-11-09 12:58 PM
    Yep the view trailer should be in included in that menu I don't know....

Your not trying to check the same movie over and over are you? try other movie titles I have come across some movies that don't have trailers... I'm sure you have but just checking:-)
    Last edited by Fallfree; 11-11-09 at 01:23 PM.
    11-11-09 01:15 PM
    u need wi-fi or 3G to view the trailers, idk if u have either one.
    11-11-09 01:16 PM
    u need wi-fi or 3G to view the trailers, idk if u have either one.
    I have Verizon Wireless and the device indicates "1XEV", which is supposedly 3G. It also appears there is some discussion regarding that claim. I dunno...
    11-11-09 01:24 PM
    I was told that I could view movie trailers via Poynt, but I haven't discovered how to do it yet. In the movie section there is supposed to be an option to watch them, but I may not have things configured right. Any advice?
    I have Poynt on an 8330m on Sprint so I checked it out for you and I get the same menu choices you do. All I can do is read an overview - no option to view a trailer either. Too bad - that would be soooo cool!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 05:23 PM
    I contacted Poynt Cust Serv and got this response:

"Movie trailers are currently available in Poynt. However, you must be connected to a 3G network and use a WAP browser, or be connected to a WiFi network and use a WiFi browser. These settings are device-specific. Please check your device documentation to see if you have this capability, and how to adjust your settings as required.

To view the trailers, click the desired movie listing; if playback is supported on your device, you will see the options to view trailers displayed in the menu provided."

I don't know if I have a WAP browser or not and I assume I'm on 3G - see above post. I'm using whatever browser the Curve came with.
    11-16-09 06:42 AM
    i haven't used Poynt enough to notice the play trailer feature. Very neat! Thanks guys. Works great.

VZW 9630/4.7.1.40

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 06:55 AM
    I contacted Poynt Cust Serv and got this response:

"Movie trailers are currently available in Poynt. However, you must be connected to a 3G network and use a WAP browser, or be connected to a WiFi network and use a WiFi browser. These settings are device-specific. Please check your device documentation to see if you have this capability, and how to adjust your settings as required.

To view the trailers, click the desired movie listing; if playback is supported on your device, you will see the options to view trailers displayed in the menu provided."

I don't know if I have a WAP browser or not and I assume I'm on 3G - see above post. I'm using whatever browser the Curve came with.
    I have the Storm 2 and it will not play Poynt movie trailers. I get the option to view low, medium or high trailers. I click on the choice and the player comes up. It says "buffering" and then goes to "loading" but it never plays. The "loading" stays up forever. Any ideas? I could play them on the storm 1.
    Last edited by mg6035; 11-21-09 at 11:04 AM.
    11-21-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD