I received my stock 9700 (1st BB) about 2 months ago. I used it that way for several weeks.

I used BB Maps some and really liked it. One of the features I liked was "Local Search"

Over the past 2 weeks I added QuickLaunch, Pandora, BeWeather, Poynt, and few others.

Somewhere in the process "Local Search" seems to have become disabled in BBMaps (by disabled I mean the menu item is there but when you click it does nothing like the link is broken or turned off)

...............but............I just noticed in the same menu where 'Local Search' is located.......at the top of the menu is "POYNT from here" which of course takes you to POYNT (using the current BB Map location).

So......does POYNT replace/override the 'Local Search' menu item in BB Maps????

That's what it appears to me. Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for any info!!!!!
    03-05-10 04:43 PM
    I received my stock 9700 (1st BB) about 2 months ago. I used it that way for several weeks.

I used BB Maps some and really liked it. One of the features I liked was "Local Search"

Over the past 2 weeks I added QuickLaunch, Pandora, BeWeather, Poynt, and few others.

Somewhere in the process "Local Search" seems to have become disabled in BBMaps (by disabled I mean the menu item is there but when you click it does nothing like the link is broken or turned off)

...............but............I just noticed in the same menu where 'Local Search' is located.......at the top of the menu is "POYNT from here" which of course takes you to POYNT (using the current BB Map location).

So......does POYNT replace/override the 'Local Search' menu item in BB Maps????

That's what it appears to me. Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for any info!!!!!
    It very well could do that, but Poynt is one awesome program. If you need to map a location you find in Poynt, it will also link into the BB Maps apps, so they do co-habitate.
    03-05-10 04:55 PM
    It's possible for apps to build cross-compatibility in. Look at the way Poynt lets you choose a mapping app for example. But in this case, I think it's more likely that Poynt is adding itself to your system menus and will show up in any situation that the app will no what to do with whatever you're looking at or clicking on. I could be wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 04:56 PM
    Hi guys,

As described in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bb-...search-431315/

Poynt does not change or remove functionalities within BlackBerry native applications. However, Poynt does enhance native applications with it's own functionalities such as reverse lookup within the call log, location setting from the address book and BlackBerry Maps, and integration with messages for movie ticket receipts.

FYI digitalboy Poynt does not add any items to the system menu.
    03-05-10 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD