Hello Poynt users,

Some folks were interested in the changes in this version of Poynt so we thought it would be helpful to post the changelog. Mostly bug fixes in this version, but we couldn't resist optimizing the UI experience as well

BTW 1.5.3.14 is now available for download on our mobile site at m.poynt.com

- Fixed routing issues with BB Maps and VZNavigator. Telenav issues fixed. Note that routing with BB Maps will not work with some versions of the OS due to a bug in BB Maps.

- Fixed mapping issues with Google Maps.

- Added carousel UI for Storm and Storm2.

- Added ability to reverse the axis on carousel for non-touch devices

- Option to deactivate weather

- "Don't show this again" checkbox on gps notifications

- Gas prices include last updated time and date

- Using 5.0 snap scrolling where available

- Animation improvements (One user made a comment about the carousel feeling "smoother". This may be a side effect of our new momentum based animation scheme. Users will also notice a significant improvement in the top 10 movies lens flow animation).

- GPS chip will power down when poynt is in the foreground and the backlight has been off for 2.5 minutes to save power

- GPS improvements for users on 5.0

- IllegalStateException on startup resolved due to a bug on some OS versions when registering with the message list for movie ticket receipts

- Weather caching held for 30 minutes on same location to avoid having to reload weather on startup.

- Issue with having to go through setup more than once resolved

- Other minor bug fixes and tweaks
    02-23-10 10:13 AM
    Very nice app and it keeps getting better. Love the update!!!!
    02-23-10 11:14 AM
    The UI seems to load faster now.
    I was showing off Poynt to my now-iPhone-toting brother on the weekend, and it opened embarrassingly slowly. Next day the upgrade came out�

Please include change logs in your App World upgrade descriptions. I think the app description can be customized when an upgrade is available to include the changelog.

Please work on Canadian gas prices!!!
    (No idea what's involved�)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 11:26 AM
    I must say that this program is awesome and with a Changelog provided, I'm even more impressed! More app developers should do this... at the very least to get credit for what they did!
    02-23-10 12:29 PM
    Poynt is always my favorite 3rd party app!
    02-23-10 12:33 PM
    It wasn't listed in the changelog (so it may fall under the 'other minor fixes and tweaks' category), but I am now happy to see movie trailers are working again on the Storm. The previous release would always fail to show trailers for me.
    02-23-10 01:02 PM
    Thanks rmjones101 for pointing that out!

Yes it is true, we have finally discovered the root cause of the trailer issue and fixed it. All those users with CDMA devices can now download with glee

And actually this was a problem with the trailers themselves rather than the app, so for those users that like to hold off on updates to reach a comfort level, the trailers will work for you too

BTW a special thanks goes out to RIM's very talented technical team. They were instrumental in getting this particular issue resolved.
    Last edited by pwerry; 02-23-10 at 02:04 PM.
    02-23-10 02:01 PM
    Great! Love Poynt! Thanks for the update.

02-23-10 02:04 PM
    awesome update. thanks!
    this is one of my most used apps..
    02-23-10 02:12 PM
    I love the "reverse the axis on the carousel"! I guess I'm not the only one that thought it was "backwards" (but I could live with it.)

Thanks also for the gas price timestamp. That gives me much more confidence.

Now, where can I report location database errors?
    02-23-10 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the update and Changelog!
    02-23-10 02:40 PM
    Does Poynt have a Twitter feed? Would be nice to follow for future updates/news.
    02-23-10 03:11 PM
    @mypoynt
    believe that's it..
    02-23-10 04:08 PM
    I love the "reverse the axis on the carousel"! I guess I'm not the only one that thought it was "backwards" (but I could live with it.)

Thanks also for the gas price timestamp. That gives me much more confidence.

Now, where can I report location database errors?
    That's funny about reverse not really being reverse. For all of you that play first person shooters, I always take flack for using "reverse mouse" i.e. moving the mouse forward moves you down and moving the mouse back moves you up. Seems most natural to me, and I was shocked to find out the majority of people preferred it the other way. Just like with reverse mouse, we didn't want to leave anyone out with our carousel

As for errors, you can report them to [email protected]
    02-23-10 04:25 PM
    Love Poynt, thanks for the news/update
    02-23-10 05:22 PM
    I always take flack for using "reverse mouse" i.e. moving the mouse forward moves you down and moving the mouse back moves you up. Seems most natural to me, and I was shocked to find out the majority of people preferred it the other way.
    Me too! I drive a soldier like I'd fly a plane, you gotta pull back to tip your perspective back and look up!

Anyway, fantastic update as usual. Thanks Poynt team!

02-24-10 01:02 AM
    Just downloaded the new version. i have 9630/4.7.1.61.

Map Listing works and opens Google Maps

Map Route does not work (VZ Navigator)

Is the bug not fixed?

02-24-10 05:57 AM
    Hey Chrissy,

What do you see when you select Map Route? Does it present a choice to use VZNavigator?

If so, would you be able to tell us what version of VZNavigator you have?
    02-24-10 12:12 PM
    Is it possible to "Map Route" using/opening Google Maps? Only option I have (under "navigation" setting) is Blackberry Maps - I prefer Google maps. I do not use a 3rd party navigation app (ie: vznav etc...)
    02-24-10 12:46 PM
    i have VZ Navigator 5.1.0.

When i click on Map Route the dot at the top turns red. Nothing else happens.

Within Poynt Options & Settings, under Navigation there is the options to select either VZ Navigator or BlackBerry Maps.

02-24-10 12:58 PM
    Hi Chrisy,

One further question, would you be able to tell us how many modules on your device start with "VZNavigator"?

You can check this by going to options->advanced options->applications, then click the BB key and select modules. Start typing VZNavigator and it should narrow the choices down for you.

We've also found many users are able to resolve their issues on the Tour (such as no reverse lookup in the call log) by updating their OS to the latest version.
    02-24-10 03:41 PM
    Modules:

VZNavigator
    VZNavigatorSMSWakeUp

i do have the latest VZW officially released OS.

02-24-10 03:59 PM
    Problems/Questions:

I just updated to this new version. It overwrote my previous version, seemed to install properly, rebooted, no problem. However:

1) The GAS icon was there briefly, then it disappeared. It was a purple icon in the carousel, and listed in the menu, but now, it's nowhere to be found. Is this only supported in certain areas??

2) POYNT seems to work, for some features, but not others now. For instance, now I can not use the Movies section at all now.
    When I try to search by 'Movies near me' : "Error has occurred"
    When I try 'Theaters near me': "No theaters found within search area"

I have increased the search area to the max of 200km.. No help. I have uninstalled it fully, and reinstalled it. Same things happen with GAS and MOVIES sections. The MOVIES section worked on my previous version (GAS was not included from what I can tell, as this is the first version where I saw mention of it)

Anyone else having these issues? Similar issues?
    I also sent an email to POYNT, and await their response.

Cheers
    02-25-10 07:13 AM
    My Poynt app shows only one icon on the "carrousel", why is that???

02-25-10 08:13 AM
    @POYNT, you should fix the link in the first post. It's m.mypoynt.com for OTA.

Great app, love it.
    02-25-10 08:42 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD