I have been able to replicate this a few times, so I wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue. You would only see this if you have a Kindle and the BlackBerry app.

I open a book on my BlackBerry and start reading it. I stop at Chapter 2, press the Back button and end up at the home screen. Later, I open the book again on my BlackBerry, read to chapter 3, press the back button, going back to the home screen, then exit. So far, no problems.

Later, I go to my Kindle and turn on the radio. The Kindle synchronizes to chapter 3 and I read to chapter 4. I turn the radio back on before going back to the home screen on the Kindle and it syncs the new location back to Amazon. So far, no problems.

I open the ebook again on my BlackBerry. It synchronizes with amazon and opens up to chapter 4 (like it is supposed to). I read to chapter 5. When I press the back button, instead of going back to the home screen, it jumps back to the beginning of chapter 4.

I can go back to the home screen from the menu option as a workaround. If the ebook doesn't have to change locations via synchronization, it goes back to the home screen properly. It's only when the app has to synchronize to a new location first that I see this issue.

I did report it to Amazon. Anyone else with a Kindle and the Kindle for BlackBerry app had this happen?
    02-20-10 02:57 PM
    What are the simple (minimum) steps which must be followed to replicate the bug? Is it really necessary to step through and read each chapter or can it be demonstrated with a shorter sequence?
    02-20-10 03:05 PM
    I think you can do it in shorter sequences.

The issue is having a spot set in the book on the BB, then going to your Kindle, syncing to that spot, changing a few pages, re-sync to Amazon, then open the ebook again on the BB, let it change to the new spot, read a few pages, then press the back button.
    02-20-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD