I don't have much space left on my bold, but I do have an 8gb card. Can I continue to download apps, using the space on my memory card?
    09-24-09 04:17 PM
    Nope!

10char
    09-24-09 04:19 PM
    this issue has been asked/ brought up plenty of times and unfortunately no you can't.
    it would be nice if we could tho...
    09-24-09 04:28 PM
    this issue has been asked/ brought up plenty of times and unfortunately no you can't.
    it would be nice if we could tho...
    Does anyone know if at&t will have a bb that can do this in the future?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 04:32 PM
    Does anyone know if at&t will have a bb that can do this in the future?

No, and like the previous poster said this has been brought up plenty of times. Do you know how to use a search button?

It is not a limitation of ATT, but the blackberry software itself.
    09-24-09 04:34 PM
    I'll just start because someone else did.

Use the search feature. And x2 that it's RIM and not ATT. It has to do with security and the OS.

09-24-09 04:41 PM
    But on a more civilized note. Run a search and find maxmem. There is a thread about memory optimization/management. That gives a link to maxmem and also a lot of info on memory. Just don't go crazy and delete the themes unless you're using bb zen stock. Plazmic themes need most of the stock themes to run correctly.

If you are using app world, you can archive apps you're not using onto the memory card. It's time intensive, so not real practical to do a lot.

My suggestion overall would be to go to the memory optimization page and find out info, and decide how much work you want to do. I freed up a lot on my 8320.

09-24-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD