I have an old Curve that is not being used. I want to install an app on it from App World. There's no sim card in it. Is there any way to install a OTA app on this phone?
    02-05-10 11:58 PM
    if its got wifi, you may be able to. but not through appworld. if you can find a 3rd party host of the jad file online, it may work.
    02-06-10 12:59 AM
    You may be able to install an OTA app via DM by converting the .jad file to .alx.

I'm posting the search results on the subject for your perusal.

Let me Google that for you:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 03:06 AM
    Or use a program like bbsak and force the .cod onto the phone

02-06-10 03:53 AM
    1. Find the ota link and download it on your computer
    2. Open the jad file using winrar and extraxt it to whatever folder you choose
    3. Copy all the extracted files to your memory card
    4. Turn on your bb and click your media icon
    5. Hit bb button and select explore
    6. Go through and click every extracted file one after the other until it install.

If you have the .cod file then the post above telling you to use bbsak is also just as easy

02-06-10 10:23 AM
    Thanks all.
    So I've been reading hundreds of posts trying to learn the file structure ie - cod, jad, jar, etc.

So let me be specific and hopefully someone can help me without me reinventing the wheel.

I installed Baby Go app from Blackberry app world on my new blackberry. I don't see an option to download to computer, only to install ota.

So now that I've got the app installed on my new BB, is there a way to "move" it over to my old BB without sim card?

I'm not clear where all the different file types come in to play.

Any help would be really appreciated.
    02-06-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD