Ok, so I would really like to develop an application. I am very young only 14, but I want to make an application that would be similar to the treo, iphone, and g1 SMS. If i do not turn out successful is there anyone that would like to give it a shot? I would want it to look like this:

When opening application:

*Conversations*

Lauren (555-555-5555) preview of last message... (4/27 5:01pm)
    Freddy (222-222-2222) hey whatsup i am so bor... (4/24 4:05am)
    Lamonte (111-111-1111) what have you been do... (4/24 4:01am)

When selecting blackberry key (menu):

New Conversation
    Clear Conversation
    Delete Conversation
    Clear All
    Delete All
    Add Contact
    Settings
    etc....

When opening a conversation it would look like this:

*Conversation with Lauren*
    (555-555-5555)

Me: Hey Lauren what's up? 4/27 4:01pm
    Lauren: Nothing bored you? 4/27 4:05pm
    Me: Cathing a movie tonight or
    just going to sit in? 4/27 4:08pm
    Lauren: No, I have a party to
    go to sorry! 4/27 4:10pm

Some of the settings would include:

Display date and timestamp On/off
    Change the display name from ME to whatever you may like (ex: your name)

Do you guys understand my vision for this application? I would give it a simple name since I want it to look like it came with the phone rather than be really considered a 3rd party app. I wonder if the maker of this app can somehow negotiate with RIM a way to sync this to your preloaded SMS inbox and turn off the indecators there when the messages are checked in this application.

Also, the number of characters has no limit (160 limit). It will not stop you after reaching that number. & when you have no service it will retry 3 times before asking you if you want to re send when service is available. & you can do other things while the message sends. One thing that i hate about my old phone is that you had to sit there and watch it send and if it didnt send you had to manually click resend each time.

so anyway do you understand what im saying?
    05-01-09 11:28 PM
    I think I know what you're saying. However, idk how to make apps but really though I don't see how much different this is from the phone sms app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:45 AM
    And secondly, you said you didn't want it to have a limit but under your reply to "lauren" it says 28 out of 160 so now I'm confused.

05-02-09 04:48 AM
    Well what i meant is it would show how many characters your using out of the 160 but wouldnt stop you after reaching that limit it would automatically just go to the next character so then after u reach 160 and continue typing you'd see 1/146
    05-02-09 09:51 AM
    Well what i meant is it would show how many characters your using out of the 160 but wouldnt stop you after reaching that limit it would automatically just go to the next character so then after u reach 160 and continue typing you'd see 1/146
    The current SMS program doesn't stop you after you've reached 160 characters. It just goes on to another text (160) and you can continue to type.

05-02-09 10:40 AM
    Check out 3jam and BBText2IM.

05-02-09 02:47 PM
    I would love to find an app that allows BB users to circumvent the SMS system so you can get/sent SMS to anyone without having to pay the rates. Prob won't happen though.

05-02-09 02:56 PM
    I doubt this is possible. The existing app is buried so deep in the OS that it will be practically impossible to extract the data feeeds you ned.

Also look at this thread as someone is already on this http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pri...viewer-213037/
    05-02-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD