Okay, this sounds like a strange question. I upgraded to a Storm2 and want to let my son use my Storm1 to watch videos and play games on. Does anyone know if there is a way to add on game apps onto the Storm1 without any service? If so, please let me know how this can be done. Thank you in advance!
    01-20-10 06:43 PM
    You sure can! It's called a offline OTA... check out OTA Loader and a progam called GenJad4BB, basically it's the .cod files and a .jad file for the theme, app, or game all in one folder, you load the folder to your MicroSD card via PC, or email, or bluetooth, go into the folder then select the .jad file to install... no internet needed!!!

For the GenJad4BB link go to the 10th post on the thread I linked... need any help with creating them let me know... I have every theme, game and app on my BB saved to a flash drive as offline OTAs...
    01-20-10 07:12 PM
    You sure can! It's called a offline OTA... check out OTA Loader and a progam called GenJad4BB, basically it's the .cod files and a .jad file for the theme, app, or game all in one folder, you load the folder to your MicroSD card via PC, or email, or bluetooth, go into the folder then select the .jad file to install... no internet needed!!!

For the GenJad4BB link go to the 10th post on the thread I linked... need any help with creating them let me know... I have every theme, game and app on my BB saved to a flash drive as offline OTAs...
    Cool!!! Thanks!!! I will certainly look into this!
    01-20-10 07:17 PM
    there are also a few sites here and there (they can be hard to find) that will allow you to download .Zip files on to your computer and then load the software using desktop manager.
    01-20-10 08:33 PM
    You can also use BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) to load .cod and .jad files to your device even if its not activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 04:28 AM
    Thank you for the replies! I will certainly look into my options, this weekend, and give it a try. At least, I know there are options out there.
    01-21-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD