Yesterday, Blackberry Appworld went live in my country UAE and across most of the middle eastern counties. Thanks very much to RIM for bringing it to this region.

Anyways, We're only able to download some junk apps compared to what's available in the US Store. How is it possible to download those apps. Nothing really good in our appstore. It completely sucks. At least making basic apps like amazon and ebay available in our store would be very nice. Absolutely nothing is there. All are cheap applications. Is it possible through one way or another to access the US store? There is no Blackberry Travel, Protect and those superapps. Nothing is there and it is really disappointing. What an incomplete happiness.

Please help or explain why this is going on. I always wonder why there are different regions in app stores. Everything is virtual and electronic why would someone involve regions in it.

Thanks in advance.
    03-31-11 02:59 AM
    The app world service currently being released across the U.A.E. is just a maintenance release to check if all the protocols are in place to completely launch app world. It is said that it might even stop or the user might even face stoppages till they officially launch it.

So maybe then only will you get access to all the apps. I am awaiting the official launch too

BlackBerry App World goes live in the UAE – Stuff Middle East
    03-31-11 03:18 AM
    give it a while, I didn't install it yet and I will await confirmation when it is launched completely

Rbee3i men gom el Marri
    03-31-11 03:41 AM
    Also consider that the devs decide where they support their apps, take Amazon apps for example: It is Amazon.com that makes them US-only (even in Beta Zone you find a notice that they are US only - the MP3 store app in this case).

So, unless there is an external link, even free apps can't be downloaded (Dragon for Email is what I'd go for!!)... But as acidburn said, give it a while and see if the fullblown has a better range of apps.
    03-31-11 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD