So I downloaded this app but the URL given does not work on my browser. I'm using google chrome. I know in the product description it said IE was not all that great either.

For those of you who have had success with this app, which browser do you use? Does it only work with firefox and safari?
    08-06-09 03:12 PM
    So I downloaded this app but the URL given does not work on my browser. I'm using google chrome. I know in the product description it said IE was not all that great either.

For those of you who have had success with this app, which browser do you use? Does it only work with firefox and safari?
    I don't have Chrome installed, but I did test with a couple of other desktop and mobile browsers and the basic functionality so far worked with all of them. IE has problems with large files, but the directory structure, photos, etc. work fine under IE. I posted a new version today, 1.1.27, the slideshow now also works reasonably well with IE.

If you can't open the URL in the browser, it is possible that there are network/routing related issues involved. You can verify that a network connection is possible between your PC and the handset by pinging the device from the command line on your computer, e.g. if PortaServer displays http://192.168.1.101 as your address you would type
    ping 192.168.1.101
    on the command line.
    Last edited by wirelessdeveloper.info; 08-06-09 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo
    08-06-09 06:02 PM
    Another possible problem is if you have a proxy configured in your browser. If I remember correctly Chrome picks up the IE proxy settings, you may have to disable the proxy to use PortaServer, or at least check the "bypass proxy server for local addresses" checkbox.
    08-06-09 06:36 PM
    Thanks for your help! I tried the ping and Chrome opened the URL. Great! But now I'm stuck on the password. I keep typing it in and it brings me right back to the login screen.
    08-06-09 06:42 PM
    Well I just installed Chrome and authentication does indeed fail. I'll try to fix this in the next version, or at least find out why it fails. Until then I would recommend using a different browser...
    08-06-09 07:02 PM
    okay I'll try with firefox. Thanks a bunch.
    08-06-09 07:10 PM
    I posted a new version, 1.1.29, that fixes this problem.
    08-07-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD