Awww... that truly is a shame. UMA is a "game changing" feature. Why a company would not enable it for their network makes no sense to me.
    hopefully we'll see it at some point. Then again, Rogers has it, but not on the 9700. How odd is that lol.
    12-04-09 01:47 PM
    Facebook shouldn't drain the battery if it's just running in the background - I mean the way it works is that it watches the associated email account (let's say your Facebook login is your gmail, and you have your GMail account on your BIS service) for incoming emails with the Facebook ID, when it does, the application processes it. It should drain the battery whatsoever, it'll only start draining the battery when your tell it to associate your contacts with Facebook contacts, and download their pictures, associate the calendar, etc.. that's what would drain the battery.

Maybe if we just disable all the extra data features, and leave FB as a on-demand use thing, it won't 'kill' the battery?
    12-04-09 01:57 PM
    battery life has been a little odd for me. It wasn't lasting as long as I wanted so I switched to 2g only, and then I can go through the day using like 20% of the battery. Then I wake up the next morning and it's 35% left. How did it get that low over night? I just deleted a bunch of apps and set it to auto power off at night, hopefully that'll fix it.
    12-04-09 02:10 PM
    Facebook shouldn't drain the battery if it's just running in the background - I mean the way it works is that it watches the associated email account (let's say your Facebook login is your gmail, and you have your GMail account on your BIS service) for incoming emails with the Facebook ID, when it does, the application processes it. It should drain the battery whatsoever, it'll only start draining the battery when your tell it to associate your contacts with Facebook contacts, and download their pictures, associate the calendar, etc.. that's what would drain the battery.

Maybe if we just disable all the extra data features, and leave FB as a on-demand use thing, it won't 'kill' the battery?
    This is true. The facebook app only does something when an incoming email comes in from facebook, or when you are directly interacting with the facebook app. It's not like a Twitter or AIM app that is continually refreshing.
    12-04-09 02:29 PM
    Awww... that truly is a shame. UMA is a "game changing" feature. Why a company would not enable it for their network makes no sense to me.
    I think UMA is coming for Bell... we shall see..

last I heard rogers doesn't have UMA on ANY 3G devices... it's a conflict of some sort...
    12-04-09 05:07 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD