Hi all,

I hope this is the appropriate forum for my posting. I am new to blackberry and am not sure of how to get some feed back for my application...

I wrote this talking translator application for blackberry and I am looking for some feedback from the blackberry community. Would you like to try it out and let me know how it goes. This application can translate and speak in multiple languages. You can download the application at polyglotz.com. You would need a blackberry with internet (preferabley Wifi) for it to work.

This is the first time that polyglotz is released for the blackberry platform so it is probably not all that good yet, however, it is still nice to hear what the users think of it.

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Last edited by polyglotz; 12-25-08 at 11:05 AM.
    12-25-08 10:54 AM
    I have a use for your application but I am leery of unknown 3rd party apps on my fragile Storm. Is this an invitation to Alpha or Beta test?

What is the process for removing the application from the Storm?
    Last edited by smackdab; 12-28-08 at 11:10 AM.
    12-28-08 10:59 AM
    Hi,

Yes, you can always delete an application by highlighting it and delete. Here is the instruction:
    "Removing applications

To delete third-party applications from the handheld:

1. In the Options application, to view the list of all applications installed on the handheld, click Applications.

2. Click the trackwheel, and select Properties.

3. Click Delete, and then confirm the deletion.

Note: Only optional and third-party applications offer a Delete option. You cannot delete required BlackBerry applications from this screen."

Eventhough I am a third party developer, we all have to register with Blackberry to obtain the key signing authority before we could publish our application. This makes sure that people who develop malicious software can be tracked down and prevent from making such application. Hopefully this could give you a little bit of security when installing a blackberry application.

Although Polyglotz has just been released to Blackberry user for the first time this month, it has been used by google phone users for several months now. You can search for user comments on polyglotz to have some level of comfort before installing the application.

Regards
    12-30-08 11:21 AM
    has anyone tried this program? How does it work? any problems running it on the Bold?

Thanks
    Adam
    01-23-09 06:09 PM
    I am working with this program and can;t get it to stay on another language other than French. Anyone know what the issue is??
    02-06-09 07:11 AM
    Nevermind I am an *****. I just purchased it for $7.99 Just waiting to use it and will give my review.
    02-06-09 07:17 AM
    I figure that I would put this review here too. I have it in 3rd party software as well.

When it comes to language translation software for the blackberry it is a tough choice as there is not a huge selection out there. Well having tried all of the Blackberry language software I will have to say that Polyglotz is the best. Not only does it give you written translation but it also gives you speech, which is heads and shoulders above the rest of the translators on e BB market. There is an extensive list of languages that it translates as well.

My one flaw would be that it translates to written quite fast but the speech is a little slow, like 15 seconds. Not terrible but just a little slow. And who knows that could be fixed with an upcoming release.

Now the support is phenomenal. I had some questions and the support got back to me right away. I love good customer service and this app has it. Yes you have to pay for it $7.99 but it is worth the low cost. I have in laws that speak Greek and I have to sometimes figure out a way to speak with them. Well with the speak option of the translator no more problems. It actually says it correctly too.

I think this is an app that you should all try if you are looking for a translation app. There is a trial but it only gives you English to French. But like I said, with the low price tag this is definitely worth the price. Best translation app on the market today for the Blackberry.
    02-08-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD