Hey for those of you who wish to listen live to Police Scanners through your BB (I am using a Bold so not sure if same applies to other models) type this address in to your browser

w w w.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=top20

(Excuse the spaces between the W's I am not allowed to post net links yet)

This gives you the top 20 live feeds of police scanners across the US

Select the feed you wish to listen to

It will prompt you to install Flash player to which you should click cancel.

Once loaded on the next page, scroll down to the feed you wish to listen to again specifically in that area/state

Next select the feed you wish to listen to and scroll to the right hand side of that field,

Select from the drop down list "Itunes" then scroll to the left hand side and click the picture of the speaker,

Click "open" when prompted

The live feed will now load in your BB media player.

Enjoy
    Last edited by jsho1; 09-25-09 at 04:38 AM.
    09-25-09 04:31 AM
    Thats the same feeds BBScanner uses.
    09-25-09 04:32 AM
    Goto: BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home for more info. Here is the OTA download link: http://ota.bbscanner.com/BBScanner.jad

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 04:34 AM
    Error lol,

Like I said I am a newbie
    09-25-09 04:54 AM
    Hey for those of you who wish to listen live to Police Scanners through your BB (I am using a Bold so not sure if same applies to other models) type this address in to your browser

w w w.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=top20

(Excuse the spaces between the W's I am not allowed to post net links yet)

This gives you the top 20 live feeds of police scanners across the US

Select the feed you wish to listen to

It will prompt you to install Flash player to which you should click cancel.

Once loaded on the next page, scroll down to the feed you wish to listen to again specifically in that area/state

Next select the feed you wish to listen to and scroll to the right hand side of that field,

Select from the drop down list "Itunes" then scroll to the left hand side and click the picture of the speaker,

Click "open" when prompted

The live feed will now load in your BB media player.

Enjoy
    Thanks for sharing. That is just too cool. That's why I love my Blackberry. It truly is an amazing device......
    09-25-09 05:19 AM
    RR Mobile here you can listen to the same feeds for free if you can deal with the simple html. cheers
    09-25-09 05:36 AM
    I was listening to the G20 summit police calls on this .

Goto: BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home for more info. Here is the OTA download link: http://ota.bbscanner.com/BBScanner.jad

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 06:41 AM
    You guys have WAAAAY too much time on your hands if you are listening to police calls half a world away from where you live lol.
    09-25-09 06:53 AM
    You guys have WAAAAY too much time on your hands if you are listening to police calls half a world away from where you live lol.
    Its actually a hobby of mine, I've had analog scanners and digital scanners. I loaned mine to a friend about a year ago. I love BBScanner, it will not replace an actual digital scanner though.

I will be borrowing my buddies: Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner/Icom IC-R9500 Receiver - Consumer Version. I'm so excited!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-25-09 07:08 AM

Thnx, �Tripster�

I downloaded this, and think it is awesome. I was listening to special operations in NYC. Today felt like it was dragging on, so I hope this speeds it up a little bit.
    09-25-09 11:03 AM
    LOL. Yeah, seriously. Is there something I'm missing with this? Not sure how helpful it is to listen to police scanners around the country...
    09-25-09 06:51 PM
    Error lol,

Like I said I am a newbie
    Not an error. You found a free way! :P
    I didn't know radioreference had fixed the BB issue. When it was ScanAmerica there was no way to stream on your BB.
    09-25-09 10:52 PM
    Very cool...but the volume is pretty quiet.

09-25-09 11:30 PM
    I used to like BB Scanner until it became a premium app and I discovered Moodio.fm. I use Moodio.fm to listen to air traffic control from liveatc.net, which has both major & small airport radio traffic. Then use FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker / IFR Flight Status / Flight Tracking / Flight Planning for tracking of arrivals and departures. Moodio.fm also supports a lot of the scanner feeds that BB Scanner has. I think Moodio.fm may be a shell program and you use feeds from where ever you can get them, so the OP's suggestion is likely applicable through Moodio.fm. I think some of the scanner feeds are from Radioreference.com, ScanAmerica.com, etc. When you log into the desktop website of Moodio.fm, you can search a variety of scanner feeds and other types of music. The mobile version is what you use to listen to it on your device.
    09-26-09 12:22 AM
    Bbscanner is the way to go. Listening to my local right now.

09-26-09 12:22 AM
    Forgot to mention something about Moodio! You need a computer to set up your stations and settings. I love BBScanner and appreciate that the dev keeps updating the app multiple times a month. Also big thanks to all those volunteering their scanners to share with us, thank you!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-26-09 12:55 AM
    I love this app however my area is not listed and being that i dont have a scanner i cant add it so if someone can add my area police/sheriffs dept for me that would be great. I am in NC, Hertford County. I attempted to help with this process by looking on radioreference.com to get some info that you might need to do this.

Hertford County Sheriff:

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
    154.74000 KNAO329 RM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Law Dispatch
    154.11500 WPRI451 BM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Law Tac
    155.97000 KNAO329 BM 203.5 PL Sheriff FM Interop

Town of Mufreesboro, NC

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
    155.40000 KZV254 RM 203.5 PL Rescue FM EMS-Talk
    155.61000 KXC729 BM 203.5 PL Police FM Law Dispatch
    156.22500 KXC729 BM 203.5 PL Police FM Law
    Tac

Town Of Ahoskie