Here is a url for the LAPD police scanner: Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Live Scanner Audio Feed It works fine and I can hear it on my desktop but when I go to the url on my Blackberry, it can't play it. I tried all the player options but it can't play any of them. I went to this same url on my wife's Droid Pro and it was able to play clearly on hers. Anyone have any idea how I can get this to play on my Blackberry?
    12-19-10 10:44 PM
    Here is a url for the LAPD police scanner: Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Live Scanner Audio Feed It works fine and I can hear it on my desktop but when I go to the url on my Blackberry, it can't play it. I tried all the player options but it can't play any of them. I went to this same url on my wife's Droid Pro and it was able to play clearly on hers. Anyone have any idea how I can get this to play on my Blackberry?
    Try http: //m.radioreference.com/?feedID=899 (without the space). That is the mobile stream.
    12-20-10 08:41 AM
    When I go there, I click to listen, it asks me to Open, Save, or Cancel. I click Open. Then for awhile it says "buffering" but in the end I get an error message saying "An error has occurred attempting to play media".

Were you able to get the page to work on your Blackberry?
    12-20-10 05:10 PM
    When I go there, I click to listen, it asks me to Open, Save, or Cancel. I click Open. Then for awhile it says "buffering" but in the end I get an error message saying "An error has occurred attempting to play media".

Were you able to get the page to work on your Blackberry?
    The stream worked fine for me. Do you have 3G coverage while trying to listen?
    12-20-10 05:52 PM
    I am in search of an app that is a police scanner. i dont know if one exists, but if it out there could you show me the light!!! thanks
    BBScanner is a teriffic app ! ! !
    12-20-10 06:06 PM
    The stream worked fine for me. Do you have 3G coverage while trying to listen?
    Yes I have 3G coverage while trying to listen (it says 3G at the top-right). When you go to the page, does it also ask you to Open, Save, or Cancel? When you click Open what player plays it? Are you using the default player that comes with Blackberry or do you have a 3rd party player or add-on?
    12-20-10 10:26 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD