View Poll Results: Choose based on real money poker only:

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I currently play online and would love this app!

29 72.50%
  • I don't play right now, but may if this becomes real!

5 12.50%
  • I play online but wouldn't bother with this app.

2 5.00%
  • I don't and/or will not play poker for real money.

4 10.00%
    PokerStars (the world's largest real money poker site) recently acquired a mobile app company and rumors are that they may come out with an app soon. I'm just curious how many of you either currently play for real money or would start playing if they made a great app. Would love to hear your thoughts!
    12-23-09 08:54 PM
    forgot to include a few thoughts:

I think they would start with BlackBerry since the iPhone app store probably wouldn't let it in because of their squeaky clean image. And the Storm would be perfect to start with....I can hope!
    12-23-09 09:04 PM
    anyone else that has thoughts on this?
    12-27-09 09:19 AM
    that would be sweet. i wish UB would join...
    12-27-09 11:05 AM
    about 3-5 years ago when only executives had smartphones, UB actually had a mobile app for windows mobile
    12-27-09 08:16 PM
    I thought I should break the tie.

UB's app allowed mobile players to play with non-mobile players and it slowed the whole game down quite a bit, although you were aware of this before you sat down at the table.

I would guess that carriers like Verizon would not allowed real money play though until Congress gets their act together and fixes current law.
    12-28-09 04:27 PM
    I thought online poker was now illegal in the US???
    12-29-09 04:02 PM
    It's not illegal to play (with the exception of some state laws) but it is illegal for financial institutions to transact with the sites.
    12-29-09 04:23 PM
    I thought I should break the tie.

UB's app allowed mobile players to play with non-mobile players and it slowed the whole game down quite a bit, although you were aware of this before you sat down at the table.

I would guess that carriers like Verizon would not allowed real money play though until Congress gets their act together and fixes current law.
    it would be hard to prevent it, it would be virtually the same thing as using my Storm to tether and playing poker on my laptop

besides, verizon and a few other wireless companies have decided on a "net neutrality" code, so they most likely wouldn't care anyway...it's not like Cox, Time Warner and other cable companies have blocked online poker
    12-30-09 12:59 PM
    I enjoy gambling but I've never been a fan of online poker. I want to see the faces of the person I'm playing against.
    12-30-09 01:26 PM
    Don't disagree but it sure is a great way to gain experience while sitting and wasting time watching tv.
    12-30-09 06:12 PM
    anyone else be interested in this?
    01-14-10 02:46 PM
    +1:
    sounds like a good idea. a good way to kill time whether real money or play$
    01-14-10 02:50 PM
    Poker is my thing ( as you can tell from my avatar and screen name) would beawesome if they got a mobile app and I would gladly pay for it if they charged still looking for a good poker game like the one I had on my curve 8330 (multiplayer championship texas hold em) Haven't been that fortunate andy here know a good poker game for the tour?
    01-14-10 02:53 PM
    Let's hear from a few people that currently don't play online poker...would you or wouldn't you deposit a little money to play real money poker on your phone? and why?
    01-17-10 09:23 AM
    I've played online poker here and there but I'm not really a fan. If this came out, I'd probably deposit $50 and play while I'm sitting around.
    01-17-10 02:21 PM
    I've played online poker here and there but I'm not really a fan. If this came out, I'd probably deposit $50 and play while I'm sitting around.
    thanks for your input! I agree, I think quite a few players would do this when they are bored.
    01-20-10 02:15 PM
    bodog has an blackberry app but its not for real money and no fun at all
    01-20-10 02:45 PM
    Would so love to see this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 07:16 PM
    No word on it in a while...hopefully we see something soon!
    02-05-10 04:47 PM
    Just created a profile on this site to emphasize the need for a poker app - real money. I'm not sure i'd put it on my BB because its provided by work, but i'm purchasing a playbook which would be perfect.

Make it happen, pretty please!!
    04-18-11 02:36 PM
    PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker are all being shut down and their founders are being charged with money laundering as well as a bunch of other charges. At least 75 bank accounts have been frozen and A LOT of people's money is frozen in their bankroll right now.

If you have money sitting on any of these sites, or excess money on any other site, it would probably be wise to withdrawal all (or most) of your money asap.
    04-19-11 01:28 AM
    Does any one knows is there is a .bar of the Android App of Pokerstars for use on the Playbook????
    10-07-12 12:16 AM
    No .bar????
    11-06-12 08:08 PM
    do you now how to get the pokerstar app, to be able to use it on the playbook
    02-12-13 09:55 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD