I've got a question for any aspiring developers...

Would anyone be able to make an application with a basic alegbraic equation?

Example: Points = (Calories / 50) - (Fiber * 0.2) + (Fat * 0.083)

So really, what I'm looking for is something where I can plug in values for calories, fiber and fat in a food and get the points value back. It doesn't have to look fancy or anything, but I've searched high and low and not really found anything except for one calculator that has the wrong formula in it and doesn't give accurate values.

If anyone would be so kind as to take on this type of task, please let me know. I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks in advance!
    09-02-08 09:40 PM
    A quick google search using these terms: algebra calculator blackberry (no + or ") yields yoMotion as the #1 result. There appears to be other possible alegraic calculators as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 02:31 AM
    Double post from network timeouts.
    09-03-08 02:31 AM
    i took a look at yoMotion but it seems to be more application than what i need.

i'm looking simply for an application to process the one equation above. if it's not possible someone could make one, i guess i'll try yoMotion, but i have a feeling with all the stuff it can do, it will take up too much space on my precious Pearl.

techically, i could use the bb's native calculator and do it that way too; but i wanted the ease of a program where i can just plug in values and get my answer and not have to do the math or enter the equation.
    09-03-08 06:51 AM
    Oh my mistake i thought you were providing that as an example rather than looking for an app that only does that. No reason to get a fancy algebraic calculator app for one equation use. What version OS are you running? I can try and see if I can put together a simple app to do this equation for you.
    09-03-08 11:34 AM
    Oh my mistake i thought you were providing that as an example rather than looking for an app that only does that. No reason to get a fancy algebraic calculator app for one equation use. What version OS are you running? I can try and see if I can put together a simple app to do this equation for you.
    Stoneryno -- i already got a very basic app going, i should have posted that at this time i'm no longer looking. but thanks for the offer and should i have issues with what i'm using, i may look back to you.

happy blackberrying!
    09-04-08 07:15 PM
    Glad to hear. I also had thought after posting that a simple spread sheet could be used to calculate the formula by inputting values into fields.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 01:41 AM
    Are you looking for this program? The 3rd one down works on my BB 8830.
    New Page 1
    09-07-08 07:31 AM
    Here is the app
    WEIGHT POINTS CALCULATOR
    Weight Points Calculator - Medical BlackBerry Apps
    04-30-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD