I am on my fourth day of my PodTrapper trial. I really love this application, but it seems to kill the battery on my Bold 9000 really fast.

I have one podcast set to update in the afternoon, and the rest download overnight while the phone is charging. It makes sense that downloads will drain the battery, but it seems like just leaving the app open means I lose like 10 percent of my battery per hour.

I'm running 5.0 version 509, and I was getting through the day using only about 40 percent of my battery before.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything I can try?

This podcast thing has been frustrating. What I'd really like is an app like myPodder, which allows you to install a portable client on the memory card that will connect and download your podcasts from any computer regardless of OS--Windows, Linux, even Mac. But the myPodder website is having an issue and I can't get an account created so I can download the software. Grr.

Either of these would be great if these issues get resolved.

Josh
    03-13-10 10:52 AM
    I've been using PodTrapper 'forever' listening to books and podcasts. I have to say, battery use has been on par with the default media player. As long as your podcast has already been downloaded.

I wear headphones wired/or Bluetooth depending on what I'm doing? And the battery holds up for a full work day of at least 8 hours of constant playback!
    03-13-10 11:30 AM
    I have 8 different podcasts daily (several have 3 parts) and I haven't noticed any battery drain. I even have them all set to check hourly because I want them available right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-13-10 01:25 PM
    I usually don't leave it open except for when I need to download a new podcast. In my use I haven't had too bad of battery life at all.

03-13-10 01:36 PM
    That's good to hear. I'm having serious battery life issues right now--this morning I took my Bold off the charger at 5:30 a.m., and as of 7:45 I'm at 48 percent. I'm thinking the battery itself might be dying, or else .509 might be draining it for some reason.

Thanks,
    Josh
    03-15-10 06:45 AM
    Podtrapper trial on my Tour with stock 4.7 OS. No noticable abnormal drain on mine. I DL on the charging base at night and usually leave it open most of the day too.

03-15-10 07:22 AM
    Do you have it d/l via wifi? The wifi use will be a battery drain in itself, whether you have PodTrapper open or not.

I think that you prob have other issues with the battery though - PT doesn't really cause any huge drain for me...

BarlJo
    03-15-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD