01-22-11 07:33 PM
Cross River Systems is pleased to announce that PocketDay version 7 (exclusively for OS 6) is available for open Beta testing.
Taking advantage of new BB OS 6 features and more, PocketDay continues to deliver advanced functionality on the BlackBerry. New features include:
- New Title Bar now shows every notification the main BB home screen does
- New Toolbar at the bottom of the PocketDay Screen launches Profiles, New (Event, Task, Email, Text, etc.), Messages, BBM, Address Book, Browser, Camera and PD Favorites
- Clicking on the Title Bar shows a new System Status window with a new Toolbar (Device Lock, Manage Connections, BB Options, Search, PD Options)
- New Context Menus available for all PocketDay sections
- New Favorites Feature allows users to create Favorite Contacts, Apps and Web Links (web links can be added to PD from the BB Browser as well)
- Pressing the right side convenience key from within PocketDay opens the Favorites screen and cycles through the views (Contacts, Apps, Web links)great for one handed quick access to functions
- Clicking on email now launches the BB message app directly for standard functionality
- Twitter and RSS News feeds now use the built in parsers for increased performance
The new PD beta for OS 6 is available for OTA download at: http://www.pocketday.com/files/v7/pdpos60.jad
We hope everyone likes the new update.
The PocketDay Team09-28-10 03:08 PM
- Ok, overall this app is awesome!
Couple things I noticed right off the bat:
1 - the slide animation when you open a menu I kinda strange, and not very smooth. The rest are pretty good tho. Changing the direction of wipe would be a nice feature.
2 - t opens tasks, m opens messages, but b doesn't open the browser. Imo, that's the most important keyboard shortcut EDIT: nevermind, keymapping, that is beyond awesome!
3 - I see no difference between today view and week view, but really like that I can switch to the native BlackBerry ones.
4 - An option for show tasks days ahead to unlimited would be nice.
5 - switching between screens is a bit slow.
6 - being able to change fonts is awesome.
7 - glad that twitter is there, is Facebook an option? At very least a box to send an sms to Facebook to update your status would be cool.
All in al, awesome app!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-28-10 09:44 PM
- Downloaded this to give it a try. The fonts look hideous out of the (proverbial) box but some tweaking corrected this. Would be a great compliment for a theme with no Today view; but I wish Facebook integration was included (along with Twitter). Need to delve into it more...10-15-10 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD