All,

Cross River Systems is pleased to announce that PocketDay version 7 (exclusively for OS 6) is available for open Beta testing.

Taking advantage of new BB OS 6 features and more, PocketDay continues to deliver advanced functionality on the BlackBerry. New features include:

• New Title Bar now shows every notification the main BB home screen does
    • New Toolbar at the bottom of the PocketDay Screen launches Profiles, New (Event, Task, Email, Text, etc.), Messages, BBM, Address Book, Browser, Camera and PD Favorites
    • Clicking on the Title Bar shows a new System Status window with a new Toolbar (Device Lock, Manage Connections, BB Options, Search, PD Options)
    • New Context Menus available for all PocketDay sections
    • New Favorites Feature allows users to create Favorite Contacts, Apps and Web Links (web links can be added to PD from the BB Browser as well)
    • Pressing the right side convenience key from within PocketDay opens the Favorites screen and cycles through the views (Contacts, Apps, Web links)�great for one handed quick access to functions
    • Clicking on email now launches the BB message app directly for standard functionality
    • Twitter and RSS News feeds now use the built in parsers for increased performance

The new PD beta for OS 6 is available for OTA download at: http://www.pocketday.com/files/v7/pdpos60.jad

We hope everyone likes the new update.

The PocketDay Team
    09-28-10 03:08 PM
    Will this work on the Bold 9650 with OS 6.0?
    Your pictures look like a different screen then the Bold.
    09-28-10 08:15 PM
    It will work on any OS 6 device. The pics were taken on a Torch.the Toolbar on the bottom will only show up on a touchscreen device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 08:19 PM
    OK thanks,
    I have PocketDay Pro v6.1.0.3/OS Base 4.5
    already on my Bold. Do I need to delete it first
    or will it just replace it?
    09-28-10 08:26 PM
    Downloading now
    How long do you plan on the beta lasting, and is there anything in particular you're looking to know?
    09-28-10 08:27 PM
    Bklyneddie, if u have BlackBerry OS 6 (this version is only for OS 6), you can install right over it.

09-28-10 08:41 PM
    Bklyneddie, if u have BlackBerry OS 6 (this version is only for OS 6), you can install right over it.

Ok thanks going to download it now.
    09-28-10 08:44 PM
    Ok, overall this app is awesome!
    Couple things I noticed right off the bat:
    1 - the slide animation when you open a menu I kinda strange, and not very smooth. The rest are pretty good tho. Changing the direction of wipe would be a nice feature.
    2 - t opens tasks, m opens messages, but b doesn't open the browser. Imo, that's the most important keyboard shortcut EDIT: nevermind, keymapping, that is beyond awesome!
    3 - I see no difference between today view and week view, but really like that I can switch to the native BlackBerry ones.
    4 - An option for show tasks days ahead to unlimited would be nice.
    5 - switching between screens is a bit slow.
    6 - being able to change fonts is awesome.
    7 - glad that twitter is there, is Facebook an option? At very least a box to send an sms to Facebook to update your status would be cool.
    All in al, awesome app!

09-28-10 09:44 PM
    Downloaded this to give it a try. The fonts look hideous out of the (proverbial) box but some tweaking corrected this. Would be a great compliment for a theme with no Today view; but I wish Facebook integration was included (along with Twitter). Need to delve into it more...
    10-15-10 11:32 PM
    Finally something I can completely utilize on the Torch. Love the beta version 7.0.17 so far. Easier for me to read than PocketInformant and SBSH Calendar Pro.
    01-01-11 11:55 AM
    Mine expired - any news on this CRS?

01-01-11 12:34 PM
    I just downloaded it. Trying to get used to it. Seems cool to have everything in one. Not bad at all. Just wish the font can be bigger. Any idea how long the trial runs?

01-01-11 02:18 PM
    30 day trial
    01-01-11 02:30 PM
    I'll beta test, Downloading now...
    01-01-11 11:00 PM
    30 day trial
    Thank you! Still trying to get used to the app. It is fun...but still not until my expectation yet
    01-02-11 02:49 AM
    I am not getting any of the context menus on my Torch with the current release version 7.0.2.0.
    01-22-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD