So I had the skype app already on my home screen this morning when I woke up. I have the Storm 2 and I clicked on the app and downloaded it. After downloading it however, I opened it... accepted all the user agreement stuff... and then it asked "do you want skype mobile to use your verizon wireless contacts"... clicked no.. then I got the same message "Skype Mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US".

So I don't understand how it could be pushed to my phone and installed, but then give me the same message that some of the other people have been reporting.

I also made sure that my browser was put to "default browser" and not something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    03-27-10 10:51 AM
    If your not on vzw it won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 10:57 AM
    So I had the skype app already on my home screen this morning when I woke up. I have the Storm 2 and I clicked on the app and downloaded it. After downloading it however, I opened it... accepted all the user agreement stuff... and then it asked "do you want skype mobile to use your verizon wireless contacts"... clicked no.. then I got the same message "Skype Mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US".

So I don't understand how it could be pushed to my phone and installed, but then give me the same message that some of the other people have been reporting.

I also made sure that my browser was put to "default browser" and not something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    It is pushed to your phone via service books from verizon just like Bing, vcast song id, social beat, myspace, facebook, and others. It is just a icon to a link to download. When you clicked on it, it installed. As far as the message goes, that is what is supposed to say. It will only work for vzw and will not work on wifi. If you don't want the app, then just uninstall it and hide the icon
    03-27-10 10:57 AM
    Thats the thing... I am on Verizon Wireless. Thats why I don't understand why it won't work. I most definitely want the app.

It has been downloaded, but every time I open the app it says I'm not on verizon when I clearly am. How do I get the app to realize that I'm on vzw is the problem?
    03-27-10 03:58 PM
    But are you in the US right now? If you are not it will not work.
    03-27-10 05:39 PM
    Yes.. thats why its so strange. I'm in Ohio.
    03-27-10 08:36 PM
    You need to have it set to internet browser. Not Blackberry browser
    03-27-10 10:06 PM
    Thanks for trying Lynner... I've had it set up as internet browser though and it still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Much appreciated.
    03-27-10 10:54 PM
    Thanks for trying Lynner... I've had it set up as internet browser though and it still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Much appreciated.
    Did you try to go to this link from your browser?

http://download.skype.com/rim/vrim5_0/Skype_mobile.jad
    03-27-10 11:10 PM
    have you created an account for it? In order for it to work after you download it you have to create an account for it
    03-27-10 11:27 PM
    Did you try to go to this link from your browser?

http://download.skype.com/rim/vrim5_0/Skype_mobile.jad
    This link should work from any browser nice thinking hydroz I should have thought of that
    03-28-10 09:52 AM
    The Skype mobile...does not have video access right? I installed it and everything and my friend was on skype on her laptop and wanted to see if we could use the video cam stuff...but that didnt work? She said in columbia you can! Am i missing something???
    03-28-10 03:05 PM
    On mine I downloaded and got same message about using contacts. Told it no and then after that it loaded and I logged in. Bout 30 seconds later my contacts through skype came up and I was using it. Didn't mess with any settings or browser options on the phone. I suggest doing a battery pull after you get the successful load screen. Good luck.

03-28-10 04:46 PM
    The Skype mobile...does not have video access right? I installed it and everything and my friend was on skype on her laptop and wanted to see if we could use the video cam stuff...but that didnt work? She said in columbia you can! Am i missing something???
    No video with skype on the mobile devices. so no you are not missing anything
    03-28-10 07:39 PM
    I've got the same problem as AK..

I'm a Verizon customer, and I'm also in Ohio. Browser is correctly set. I've had the same exact thing happen to me..
    04-02-10 12:19 AM
    Glad I read this thread...I was convinced it was just me...same thing is happening and I'm also in Ohio...

04-02-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD