Anybody knows what this is for? I see this on "App Management" but not in menu. Should I remove it ?
    11-26-11 08:09 AM
    Anybody knows what this is for? I see this on "App Management" but not in menu. Should I remove it ?
    You mean Application Management? If it is that, then it is a core system item and cannot be removed. This is where all your application information is being processed and kept in a organized manner. You see a list of all the apps you have there right?
    11-26-11 08:21 AM
    You mean Application Management? If it is that, then it is a core system item and cannot be removed. This is where all your application information is being processed and kept in a organized manner. You see a list of all the apps you have there right?
    Nope, I didnt mean app management. I've just loaded leaked os 7.1 and a new app showed up called "Blackberry Plans Application".

I can see it on the app list in the app management menu. But I cant find it anywhere.
    11-26-11 08:48 AM
    Same here... I see it in the app list, but it's nowhere to be seen on the phone.

Maybe another carrier dependant feature?
    11-26-11 08:52 AM
    Same here... I see it in the app list, but it's nowhere to be seen on the phone.

Maybe another carrier dependant feature?
    i posted this very same question in the findings thread but noone answered. everyone jus whinning their uma or hotspot working.....
    11-26-11 09:52 AM
    I'm very curious to know what this is..
    11-27-11 06:26 PM
    Heres what I found.. doesnt seem to be usefull to regular consumers like me will probably delete:

PLANS APPLICATION FOR BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE
    LICENSE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
    Research In Motion Limited or one of its affiliates ("RIM") is pleased to make available to you
    individually, or if you are authorized to acquire the Client Software (as defined below) on behalf
    of your company or another entity, then the entity for whose benefit you act (in either case,
    "You"), at no charge Plans Application for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which
    facilitates using certain Handheld Products to access and use Your Airtime Service Provider’s
    billing system (the "Accessed Service") to purchase credits to be applied to Your Airtime Service
    Provider account. RIM is pleased to make the Client Software available to You but can only do
    so with Your clear understanding, acknowledgement and agreement that the Accessed Service is
    a Third Party Service and/or provides access to Third Party Software, Third Party Services, Third
    Party Content, and/or Other Sites provided by Your Airtime Service Provider and/or other third
    parties, none of which are under RIM's control. You should take care to ensure that You know
    who You are dealing with, and that You know the terms and conditions of all applicable
    agreements, including without limitation terms of use, end user license terms, payment and
    associated terms (including without limitation warranty, return and refund terms), privacy terms,
    privacy settings, and security features to protect Your private information. In order to use the
    Client Software on Your Handheld Product to access and use the Accessed Service: (a) You may
    require a current, active account for the Accessed Service, which account will be governed by the
    terms and conditions You agreed to in relation to the Accessed Service including, but not limited
    to, any terms and conditions of purchase and sale; (b) Your Airtime Service Provider must permit
    You to access the Accessed Service through Your Handheld Product; and (c) the Client Software
    must be designed to operate on Your specific version of BlackBerry Handheld Software on Your
    Handheld Product.
    The Client Software is BlackBerry Handheld Software as that term is defined under the current
    version of RIM's BlackBerry Solution License Agreement (formerly known as the BlackBerry
    Software License Agreement) ("BBSLA") for Your jurisdiction and is licensed to You by RIM
    under the BBSLA. If You have already agreed to the terms and conditions of the BBSLA in
    relation to Your use of Your BlackBerry Solution (as defined in the BBSLA), then BY
    CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING
    THAT THOSE SAME TERMS AND CONDITIONS AUTOMATICALLY APPLY TO YOUR
    USE OF THE CLIENT SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY AGREED TO THE
    BBSLA, BY CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW YOU ARE AGREEING
    TO BE BOUND BY THE BBSLA IN RELATION TO YOUR USE OF THE CLIENT
    SOFTWARE AND, TO ENSURE CONSISTENT TERMS APPLY TO ALL THE SOFTWARE
    THAT FORMS PART OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION, YOU ARE ALSO AGREEING
    THAT, AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW,
    THE BBSLA APPLIES TO ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION
    AND REPLACES AND SUPERSEDES THE PREVIOUSLY EXISTING BLACKBERRY
    SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENTS, TO THE EXTENT SUCH AGREEMENTS ARE
    OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CURRENT BBSLA READILY AVAILABLE, IT CAN BE
    FOUND AT BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM) OR BY CONTACTING RIM AT
    [email protected]
    11-27-11 06:31 PM
    Heres what I found.. doesnt seem to be usefull to regular consumers like me will probably delete:

PLANS APPLICATION FOR BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE
    LICENSE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
    Research In Motion Limited or one of its affiliates ("RIM") is pleased to make available to you
    individually, or if you are authorized to acquire the Client Software (as defined below) on behalf
    of your company or another entity, then the entity for whose benefit you act (in either case,
    "You"), at no charge Plans Application for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which
    facilitates using certain Handheld Products to access and use Your Airtime Service Provider�s
    billing system (the "Accessed Service") to purchase credits to be applied to Your Airtime Service
    Provider account. RIM is pleased to make the Client Software available to You but can only do
    so with Your clear understanding, acknowledgement and agreement that the Accessed Service is
    a Third Party Service and/or provides access to Third Party Software, Third Party Services, Third
    Party Content, and/or Other Sites provided by Your Airtime Service Provider and/or other third
    parties, none of which are under RIM's control. You should take care to ensure that You know
    who You are dealing with, and that You know the terms and conditions of all applicable
    agreements, including without limitation terms of use, end user license terms, payment and
    associated terms (including without limitation warranty, return and refund terms), privacy terms,
    privacy settings, and security features to protect Your private information. In order to use the
    Client Software on Your Handheld Product to access and use the Accessed Service: (a) You may
    require a current, active account for the Accessed Service, which account will be governed by the
    terms and conditions You agreed to in relation to the Accessed Service including, but not limited
    to, any terms and conditions of purchase and sale; (b) Your Airtime Service Provider must permit
    You to access the Accessed Service through Your Handheld Product; and (c) the Client Software
    must be designed to operate on Your specific version of BlackBerry Handheld Software on Your
    Handheld Product.
    The Client Software is BlackBerry Handheld Software as that term is defined under the current
    version of RIM's BlackBerry Solution License Agreement (formerly known as the BlackBerry
    Software License Agreement) ("BBSLA") for Your jurisdiction and is licensed to You by RIM
    under the BBSLA. If You have already agreed to the terms and conditions of the BBSLA in
    relation to Your use of Your BlackBerry Solution (as defined in the BBSLA), then BY
    CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING
    THAT THOSE SAME TERMS AND CONDITIONS AUTOMATICALLY APPLY TO YOUR
    USE OF THE CLIENT SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY AGREED TO THE
    BBSLA, BY CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW YOU ARE AGREEING
    TO BE BOUND BY THE BBSLA IN RELATION TO YOUR USE OF THE CLIENT
    SOFTWARE AND, TO ENSURE CONSISTENT TERMS APPLY TO ALL THE SOFTWARE
    THAT FORMS PART OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION, YOU ARE ALSO AGREEING
    THAT, AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW,
    THE BBSLA APPLIES TO ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION
    AND REPLACES AND SUPERSEDES THE PREVIOUSLY EXISTING BLACKBERRY
    SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENTS, TO THE EXTENT SUCH AGREEMENTS ARE
    OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CURRENT BBSLA READILY AVAILABLE, IT CAN BE
    FOUND AT BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM) OR BY CONTACTING RIM AT
    [email protected]
    This, WHAT is this?
    This is the EULA of the app, no information about the app itself.
    12-30-11 04:21 PM
    Odd to have a license agreement/aknowledgement as an optional "app" to install...
    I didnt' know what it was, either, but I've installed both with and without, and my device runs the same either way...
    12-30-11 05:09 PM
    ummm its right there in the EULA posted above
    reading is fundamental lol
    Plans Application for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which
    facilitates using certain Handheld Products to access and use Your Airtime Service Provider’s
    Provider account.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    01-09-12 03:28 PM
    I think this is what allows ppl to use/ access your mobile hotspot feature and no telling what else.
    01-13-12 01:42 PM
    It sounds like carrier billing to me. So, if you want to add a feature to your account (like Mobile Hotspot), you can do it from the handset (without calling in to your carrier). Also, I could see them isolating carrier billing from App World, so that you could pay for preloaded apps and / or virtual preloads in the same way.
    02-08-12 01:12 AM
    Any idea what breaks if we delete it?
    02-09-12 09:58 AM
    i've deleted it. no issues since 7.1 first leaked.
    02-09-12 10:25 AM
    I deleted it, too.
    No worries at all.
    02-09-12 10:35 AM
    I think its for checking your minute/data/txt usage and checking balance.. I think removing it will not allow you use the features like #646#
    02-09-12 02:05 PM
    /us.blackberry.com/legal/after_market/prepaid.jsp
    there's an explanation here
    but have no clear idea what it does

please include www at the front... i don't have enough post to post link yet
    02-21-12 05:00 AM
    I breezed through the responses, and not sure if anyone touched on this, but based on a couple of minutes of research, my understanding is that if you, for some reason, come off of your contract plan / cancel your service with your cell phone provider, and need to get in to a pre-paid arrangement, this will allow you to do so with your device.
    03-01-12 08:02 PM
    Thank you all for sharing. Since downloading OS7.1, I was curios what the 'Plans Application' was. I am going to delete it.
    03-28-12 08:47 PM
    huh even since i got 7.1 (rogers) my mobile hotspot hasnt been working i wonder if it cause i dont have this installed?
    05-09-12 10:04 AM
    huh even since i got 7.1 (rogers) my mobile hotspot hasnt been working i wonder if it cause i dont have this installed?
    Nope, I've always had mine uninstalled and have had no issues with it not being on my device. Mobile Hotspot, My Verizon, and all other data/account related items work.

I remember having a discussion about this in another thread, it was concluded that this may be for prepaid devices.
    05-09-12 10:32 AM
    that's not an app, its part of carrier billings....allows you to buy apps and charge it to ur bill..
    07-06-12 11:32 PM
    that's not an app, its part of carrier billings....allows you to buy apps and charge it to ur bill..
    And how can you activate this? i would like to pay apps this way but i dont have it in my pay options on mij BB ID, only creditcard and paypal.
    11-01-12 08:28 AM
    Pretty sure it has to do with the NFC feature since that allows users to "bill" things to their airtime charges. Obviously that would depend on whether or not the carrier allows it, merchant accepts it, etc. Just noticed it today when I did an exchange on my 9900 and deleted it since it will not likely prove useful for me...and I can just reinstall if need be
    07-15-13 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD