Hey everyone,

So I recently upgraded from my 9700 to a 9780 and obviously my PIN changed. My question is - is there a way that I can make my paid apps (not purchased in the AppWorld) work on my new device with new PIN?
    03-21-11 10:36 PM
    Well if they were purchased from MobiHand (or anywhere that uses their app store, like CrackBerry) then all you need to do is log into your app account, and click "Change PIN" at the very top of the page that lists all your purchased apps.
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    03-21-11 10:41 PM
    Depending on where you purchased your apps, and the developer, some of it can be automated.

You can go into the CrackBerry store and update your PIN. Some apps should update the license automatically. If the store you purchased from doesn't have an automated process, contact the developer with your old PIN and new one. If they allow device transfers, they should email you with the updated license information.

Some apps don't transfer for free. They sometimes will transfer to/from same device model (like when it is a warranty replacement) but may not transfer when upgrading to a completely different model.

It all depends on the developer.
    03-21-11 10:53 PM
    Well if they were purchased from MobiHand (or anywhere that uses their app store, like CrackBerry) then all you need to do is log into your app account, and click "Change PIN" at the very top of the page that lists all your purchased apps.
    Thanks for that.

So I did that, and they said they would send me an email with my new activation code, but it's been about 10 minutes now and I haven't received an email. Checked and the email address I submitted is correct.
    03-21-11 10:59 PM
    By the way, I'm recovering my code for BeWeather from Bellshare.
    03-21-11 11:04 PM
    Thanks for that.

So I did that, and they said they would send me an email with my new activation code, but it's been about 10 minutes now and I haven't received an email. Checked and the email address I submitted is correct.
    Most likely, it won't be until tomorrow that you'll get a response and the change of PIN. It is past midnight Eastern time, it's not automated so somebody needs to be there to change it.

Just be patient...
    03-21-11 11:07 PM
    Most likely, it won't be until tomorrow that you'll get a response and the change of PIN. It is past midnight Eastern time, it's not automated so somebody needs to be there to change it.

Just be patient...
    Noted. I guess I'm used to that instant code-generator that usually happens when first buying apps. Thanks for the help
    03-21-11 11:12 PM
    Anyone know how long I have to wait to get new activation codes??

I got a 9900 last week & after reading this thread I changed my PIN assuming after a period of time I'd be emailed new codes. As yet I've not received them. I have looked in 'My Account' section & codes are identical to the ones I used previously!

Any advice as to when I should contact customer support would be appreciated!
    05-27-12 02:42 PM
    When I changed my PIN, it took almost 24 hours.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    RojoYoda likes this.
    05-28-12 02:42 AM
    When I changed my PIN, it took almost 24 hours.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk

Thanks I'll contact them today then..
    05-29-12 02:58 AM
    In most cases, once you contact the developers they would switch it for you even when it may not be automatic.
    05-30-12 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD