I installed trial version of PictureID (used correct Storm download) solely for the purpose of city,state caller ID. I left nextel/sprint after 10 years and now with my 9530 on Verizon, I do not have city/state caller ID. Because I run an online business this is important to me. The PictureID does work well as for as the city,state ID goes, but I have one problem with it that I cannot resolve. If a call comes in from a phone number not in my contact list, it displays the number, the city, and the state. But it also displays the NAME of the last person I talked to who IS in my contact list. I.E. - I talk to my wife on my telephone and end the call. Then a call comes in from someone in Tennessee. The caller ID displays 615-XXX-XXXX, Nashville, Tennesse, (which is great), but it also has my wife's stored name displayed above it. The customer service at toysoft. ca has been very helpful with other issues I had setting up the app, but they did not respond with a resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any idea what the fix is, or information on another app that will provide city/state caller ID. I have tried icallmanager and it does NOT work with my storm. And I have not been able to find berryacode that will work with the storm. Any help would be appreciated.

richardcaleharrington @ hotmail. com
    05-20-09 09:44 PM
    I purchased the license and I am still using the picture ID. I love it except for the fact that it always reverts back to the last callers "name" from my contact list when displaying a call that comes in from someone not on my list. No one seems to know how to fix this bug?

I originally installed trial version of PictureID (used correct Storm download) solely for the purpose of city,state caller ID. I left nextel/sprint after 10 years and now with my 9530 on Verizon, I do not have city/state caller ID. Because I run an online business this is important to me. The PictureID does work well as for as the city,state ID goes, but I have one problem with it that I cannot resolve. If a call comes in from a phone number not in my contact list, it displays the number, the city, and the state. But it also displays the NAME of the last person I talked to who IS in my contact list. I.E. - I talk to my wife on my telephone and end the call. Then a call comes in from someone in Tennessee. The caller ID displays 615-XXX-XXXX, Nashville, Tennesse, (which is great), but it also has my wife's stored name displayed above it. The customer service at toysoft. ca has been very helpful with other issues I had setting up the app, but they did not respond with a resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any idea what the fix is, or information on another app that will provide city/state caller ID. I have paid for the license and it still does this. I have also tried icallmanager and it does NOT work with my storm. And I have not been able to find berryacode that will work with the storm. Any help would be appreciated. The guy who made pictureid is very smart. I would certainly think that he could help me with this or a app/program that will fix my dilemma with needing city caller id. I am not ever worried about the picture portion of the program.
    06-10-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD