Is there a Picasa app yet that allows me to upload photos directly from my Storm? I searched and found a bunch of posts from November 2008 saying Google or RIM are working on one, but I can't find anything else on it recently.

I do not want to switch to Flickr because why would anyone want to do that.
    04-19-09 11:12 AM
    From what I understand they scrapped the Picasa app that was coming to the Storm. However, you can still upload your pics to Picasa via email.

If you log in to your web albums and go to >settings they will give you a special email address that you can send the pics to which will automatically add them to your web album.

I've been using this method for a couple of weeks, and I enabled the geotagging on the Storm, so now I can view my picture locations using Google Earth. Pretty awesome!
    04-19-09 11:17 AM
    Thanks Fridge!

But how do I enable Geotagging on the storm?
    04-19-09 11:18 AM
    Open your camera

-Hit the BB Button
    -Go to options
    -Make sure geotagging is enabled

*Hint - Most of the time the geotagging doesn't work for me unless I first start up either Blackberry Maps or Google maps and get a GPS location first. Then switch back to the camera and there will be a little white icon in the lower right-hand corner that shows up when you're connected, kinda looks like some crosshairs.

You can also check if the picture is geotagged when you go to your media viewer, if there is a little globe next to the file name that means there are GPS coordinates attached to it.

*Another tip- in Picasa, under settings, make sure the "Use Exif location information" box is checked, or else the GPS coordinates won't show up in Picasa.
    04-19-09 11:28 AM
    From what I understand they scrapped the Picasa app that was coming to the Storm.
    Disappointing news. Really like Picasa. Perhaps they'll reconsider if and when RIM releases a next gen Storm.
    04-19-09 11:40 AM
    Use the app ITookThisOnMyPhone. You can find it in the App World for FREE. It allows you to upload to Picasa. Work real nice. Read instructions on how to upload. Must be uploaded in a public album for it to go to Picasa.
    04-19-09 11:52 AM
    That app looked to me like it automatically uploads every single photo you ever take onto the web, is that correct? I don't want every photo I take going there, just the ones I choose to upload.

Also, once it's up there can you change it to a private album?
    04-19-09 12:17 PM
    just disable it when you don't want it. Thats how I use it. Not sure on the second question.
    04-19-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD