I installed Visual VoiceMail and now my phone is really slow. When I lock it I get the loading indicator for about 2-3 seconds and the screen is stuck (much like Viigo when navigating backwards) and requires a touch to fix it. General navigator is also much slower. I removed Visual Voicemail and now there is a VCast symbol on my phone that I cannot remove and it is still quite slow.
    11-28-08 02:44 PM
    Did you remove the icon for it or did you delete the application from the phone?
    11-28-08 02:47 PM
    I remove the Voice Mail Application (Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Delete)

I cannot find a way to remove the Vcast program or symbol.

On a side note how do I unsubscribe from Visual Voice Mail. When I try and do it online it tells me "To remove this feature, you will need to select another Voice Mail option. ". Well there are no other Voice Mail Options!
    11-28-08 02:50 PM
    Go to your options >advanced >apps and make sure that the vcast is really gone. Then try a battery pull... I have the visual voicemail and my storm is pretty smooth. (I did uninstall the VZNav though, and that made a huge difference.)
    11-28-08 02:51 PM
    I uninstalled VZNav before I ever even paid for the phone at the store. The guy actually got pissed about it and told me my phone wouldn't work right without it. I have visual voice mail installed and in use - I love it! At any rate, I have that and google maps installed and my phone is silky smooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 03:50 PM
    uninstalling visual voice mail will make it run faster so installing it would naturally make it slower
    11-28-08 04:39 PM
    "Storm Visual Voice Mail Issue
    posted: 12/3/2008 7:07:16 PM (ET)
    An issue has been identified with Visual Voice Mail (VVM) on the BlackBerry Storm. Comverse subscribers are receiving an error 106 Unknown User or Invalid PIN.

Follow the steps below to temporarily fix the problem:

Verify user has commercial launch VVM version 1.19.2.

1. Go to options > advanced options > applications; highlight Visual Voice Mail application, and choose delete from the menu
    2. After device is re-started, download the new client from AppCenter
    3. During the usage of the application, whenever message showing up "pin has changed," user needs to enter the correct pin and click on the login button. (Please note: User must enter pin - do not escape or back out which may cause device to loop)

Work is in progress on another version of the client to push to the device and we are also working with Comverse to resolve the issue."
    12-04-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD