Since the Aerize Cardloader does not do what people hope. (ie: Install and run an application from an SD card) I think what might be needed is a petition.

There are a lot of users that want this capability, I mean I already blew through 8 or 9 threads all asking a variant of this question: "I am out of application space memory, even with battery pulls and memory utilization techniques-- there just simply isn't enough device memory! Help!" And it really should be a simple thing. Not all of us are corporate users, some of us just like the added functionality BB brings to the smart-phone/pda market.

Speaking as a Pearl user-- my memory is exceptionally low with just Bolt, Viigo, Slacker, TwitterBerry, Yahoo-IM, GridMagic, QuickPull, and AppWorld installed. This is after removing Brickbreaker, BBmessenger, moving all my images and ringtones on an SD, and scheduling routine battery pulls through QuickPull.

At anyrate, a relevant thread to pose the petition on, since it states that the OP wants to create the very app we so desire, or begs for an answer as to whether RIM will finally enable this option.

Official BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Currently it seems like RIM went out of their way to forbid this simple functionality:

Additionally, RIM specifically forbids downloading or running apps from a BlackBerry's microSD card slot and instead reserves them for internal memory. The restriction ostensibly prevents piracy but also limits the number and size of apps; the most internal storage on a BlackBerry is the Bold's 1GB of flash memory. It also complicates the ability to transfer apps to multiple phones.
    Source: Electronista
    04-09-09 08:26 PM
    It would be nice (at least for us Bold and storm owners with a lot of onboard memory) if they just increased the allotted memory for applications because there is a lot of memory already onboard
    04-09-09 09:18 PM
    Rim has yet to full comprehend the consumer/entertainment end of the business even though they are making a big push in that direction. Their core business is still the business environment and BES. Since corporate IT types are going to put up with fleets of BB's full of apps whether usefull or not, there's no reason to have gobs of memory.

The better solution to SD card usage is to jam as much flash ram as possible in the device. We should be seeing 16 and 32 GB devices. This would be easier from a design standpoint then rewriting the OS.
    04-09-09 09:26 PM
    Well another problem is the low RAM on the phones. The Curve 8900 has 12 MB of Ram which is the same as the 8300 and 8800 series. A HTC phone made in the last year packs at least 200 mb of ram plus 256plus mb of rom. If Rim had upped the 8900's ram to 128mb even it would be great - the applications and os functions would be running from ram memory and your storage memory would be left alone for application installations.
    04-09-09 09:46 PM
    I apologize if this thread was immature or misinformed. A mod is welcome to lock or delete this thead as needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 12:48 AM
    Actually, the Pearls and early Curves have 64MB of ram, the 8330 has 96Mb, and the 8900 has 256mb.

The device memory size is growing now, and demand will push things up over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 01:04 AM
    Where do I sign?

Aerize is nice but I really want the fredom I had with my palm phone. I had over 20 apps most running from the SD card.
    I would also like the ability to backup my phone to the card or FTP server and also restore like the NVbackup app. That is pure genius! I know BBs are known for security but geez this is too much!!

Smartphones are supposed more customizable than dummy phones, if not then why launch an app store? I'm sorry BB but you have to find away to serve the FBI and the average joe.
    04-16-09 07:09 PM
    Another point that should be added is using the 1gb internal storage.
    04-16-09 07:10 PM
    Ditto bro!

I can't stand this crap. I can only have 3 damn apps at a time because as soon as a 4th one is downloaded my phone takes 10 minutes to switch tasks...

RIM better fix this otherwise I'm getting an IPhone. I hope I speak for thousands who pay Verizon's overpriced plans for a phone that currently performs at 1/2 of its potential...
    04-21-09 09:26 PM
    however rim decides to address it, i think that lots of people with agree with me here when i say we want more memory!
    04-21-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD