I got a Tour about 2 months ago and about three days ago my brother got the HTC Hero. The Android phones have a much larger selection then BlackBerry App World. With the Blackberry App famine I would like some of everybody's personal favorite Apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 07:08 AM
    These are the ones that I personally like:

Facebook App
    BerryBuzz
    ScoreMobile
    Google Maps
    Pandora Radio

It would seem that the Android platform has alot of different apps available, but when I went thru their app "market" I didn't really see a whole lot that made me say "Oh I wish I could get that on my BB!". I don't use a bunch of different apps, I think I've only got 6-8 installed on my device, the one that is used most is the Facebook app, and BerryBuzz, just because it works automatically, pretty much becomes part of the OS (not really, but it feels that way).
    Last edited by elvin1983; 02-03-10 at 07:16 AM.
    02-03-10 07:13 AM
    AP mobile news
    Facebook
    Pandora
    Google Maps
    Opera browser, etc..
    02-03-10 10:37 AM
    There are lots of threads on this - just search.

but for me:

Poynt
    Weathereye
    Google Maps
    Tetris (lol)
    Msn Messenger
    FB
    02-03-10 11:41 AM
    Poynt - great search directory

Berry Weather - I had been using Weather Bug, which I really liked, but since I learned about the new features of the latest update, this is now my fave weather app. Kinda pricey, but worth it.

Calorie Counter by Fat Secret - FREE app where you can track your daily calories as well as your exercise. It's a great tool, but I wish the exercise tracking was a lil more robust.

BAQ Tracker Mobile - if you like to have a drink (or two or three) after a hard day @ work like I do, this app is essential for knowing when you're not ok to drive.

Drive Safely - reads your texts & emails out loud when you're on the road. The free version only reads 25 words, though. I bought the full version & I think it's totally worth it.

Berry Buzz - lets you personalize the color of your LED light for various notifications.
    02-03-10 03:23 PM
    Berrybuzz

It lets my Blackberry do what no other phone can. I can tell exactly what kind of notification I have from across the room without even turning the phone on!

Best. app. ever.
    02-03-10 03:28 PM
    Berrybuzz

It lets my Blackberry do what no other phone can. I can tell exactly what kind of notification I have from across the room without even turning the phone on!

Best. app. ever.
    Heh, I love berrybuzz too...but that's stretching it a bit. I'm sure any phone w/ a LED indicator has a similar app. I had message sentinel on my Sidekick, which did the same thing as berrybuzz.
    02-03-10 04:20 PM
    My top 5:

1. �berTwitter
    2. Interlecta
    3. BBM
    4. Foursquare
    5. WeatherEye

02-03-10 04:24 PM
    poynt is one of the best apps i have used on my 8900
    02-03-10 04:27 PM
    Beejive

Costs money, but worth it. I'm not even a heavy IM guy, but it's like all my iphone & android friends (and facebook folk) can get ahold of me as easily as BBM.

02-03-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD