I have about a dozen apps downloaded thru AppWorld, all of which I "exit" or "close" when I'm done such that the only permanently running apps are the usual 5 (phone, browser, home, bbm, messages). Today I got a notice that an upgrade was available for 2 apps, NY Times and Boston Globe. After I upgraded them, they appear along with the others in the permanently running apps group, even after I've exited, closed, rebooted, pulled the battery, etc. This isn't a huge deal....I can bookmark them via the browser and avoid the issue completely....but does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Many thanks.
    08-13-09 06:04 PM
    I have about a dozen apps downloaded thru AppWorld, all of which I "exit" or "close" when I'm done such that the only permanently running apps are the usual 5 (phone, browser, home, bbm, messages). Today I got a notice that an upgrade was available for 2 apps, NY Times and Boston Globe. After I upgraded them, they appear along with the others in the permanently running apps group, even after I've exited, closed, rebooted, pulled the battery, etc. This isn't a huge deal....I can bookmark them via the browser and avoid the issue completely....but does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Many thanks.
    Check their options in their respective menus, might be a setting issue or you have to logout.
    08-13-09 07:28 PM
    Check their options in their respective menus, might be a setting issue or you have to logout.
    I agree. Also you may have to select exit from the menu of the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 07:34 PM
    I've logged out of both apps by going into menu and clicking on "close" or "exit". Yet when I press the side key that then shows what apps are running, those 2 still appear, in addition to the usual 5.
    08-13-09 07:45 PM
    But did you do as btt suggested and adjust the option/settings.

You may have them set to auto update, run in the background, auto alert etc..

You may be able to change it to update only when opening the app.

08-13-09 08:17 PM
    I've logged out of both apps by going into menu and clicking on "close" or "exit". Yet when I press the side key that then shows what apps are running, those 2 still appear, in addition to the usual 5.
    Movela Netflix manager does the same thing for me, but only for about 10 seconds does the app remain active after I've completely closed out of and exited the application.
    08-13-09 08:18 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried everything, and the problem persists. What's weird is that this didn't happen before today's upgrade (and there doesn't seem to be a way to downgrade), and it's not an issue with any other app.
    08-13-09 08:26 PM
    Are those apps eats up your memory? If not I would just let it be.

08-13-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD