Hi All,

We have been making updates like crazy in the last week or so. Thanks to everyone who emailed and posted comments, we are about to release and want you all to preview it.

Here are the new changes:
    - Preference for Blinking LED
    - Preference to change text size
    - Preference to have more "concise" popup. When this is enabled, no title, no company of the person is displayed. In short, this allows more of the email body to be shown.
    - Added GPS to the list of Application filter (works with Garmin and TeleNav)
    - More LED colors added
    - PeeKaLight (flashlight feature) takes the LED color of email setting.

NOTE: This pre-release is only for OS 4.3.x, OS 4.5.x, OS 4.6.x

Point your BB here to download:
    www.smrtguard.com/download/1165/421/peek.jad
    11-11-08 10:28 PM
    Umm can you say SAH-WHeat!!! I am downloading it now!! ddownloading it now..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 11:00 PM
    Hi All,

We have been making updates like crazy in the last week or so. Thanks to everyone who emailed and posted comments, we are about to release and want you all to preview it.

Here are the new changes:
    - Preference for Blinking LED
    - Preference to change text size
    - Preference to have more "concise" popup. When this is enabled, no title, no company of the person is displayed. In short, this allows more of the email body to be shown.
    - Added GPS to the list of Application filter (works with Garmin and TeleNav)
    - More LED colors added
    - PeeKaLight (flashlight feature) takes the LED color of email setting.

NOTE: This pre-release is only for OS 4.3.x, OS 4.5.x, OS 4.6.x

Point your BB here to download:
    www.smrtguard.com/download/1165/421/peek.jad
    Great work! I'm glad I invested in the full version of this app, since the developers are obviously committed to updating it and keeping the community informed.

11-12-08 01:43 AM
    Yeah, I see no other developer take so much direct input from users and act on it so quickly...

Support guys are really helpfull if you have a problem too...

11-12-08 03:07 AM
    Yeah, I see no other developer take so much direct input from users and act on it so quickly...

Support guys are really helpfull if you have a problem too...

Excellent. Love the font option. Much easier to read. WTG SG.
    11-12-08 06:43 AM
    Downloading now, will report back in a little...
    11-12-08 08:17 AM
    I'm not able to get the LED to save as green. The other colors are fine but when I go back in its set to white. Any ideas?

11-12-08 09:01 AM
    Well, mine is saved to green, but I can't get the LED to turn off even after the email has been deleted.
    This is the same reason I deleted .164
    Frustrating...

ETA: Well, the green LED went off when I recieved a BBM message but now it is stuck on red even after the message has been read.
    Last edited by linde; 11-12-08 at 10:37 AM.
    11-12-08 10:33 AM
    Suggestion to Developer so those that use Blackberry Alerts aren't short changed using your app.

Last edited by Slingbox; 11-12-08 at 11:21 AM.
    11-12-08 11:01 AM
    Oh look! BBAlerts

BBAlerts works with Peekawho though, however peekwhos many changes still does not work with BBalerts as far as LED colors go.
    11-12-08 11:23 AM
    Suggestion to Developer so those that use Blackberry Alerts aren't short changed using your app.

i agree. peekawho is an awesome idea, but you need to allow it to work with other apps as well. blackberryalerts is a long time favorite for many blackberry users. a must in my book. i quite using peekawho due to the fact that it conflicted with blackberry alerts.

now, if you could add all the features that blackberry alerts has into peekawho, i would reconsider using peekawho. although, i dont think is right to confilct another persons app and then steel there features, but....

i would say, don't focus on adding all the led control to peek a who, but foucus on allowing it to work with the blackberry alerts app. and other apps that you find conflict with.

just my 2 cents.

Cody
    11-12-08 11:29 AM
    "now, if you could add all the features that blackberry alerts has into peekawho, i would reconsider using peekawho. although, i dont think is right to confilct another persons app and then steel there features, but...."

Amen to that. The ideas are not even original.

The whole purpose of Peekawho was to POP on on emails, done, then you added SMS pop up, ok.. cool.. but why you gotta start messing with LED features, it seems to me that all those in here that have pretty much fallen in love with the app get what they wanted, how about those who have conflicts, solving them first then perhaps adding stuff to make sure its compatible. Like I have always said.. there IS another program out there for LED alerts,
    11-12-08 11:32 AM
    Rachey sounds like she means business...
    11-12-08 11:47 AM
    Well, Peekawho DID work with BBAlerts, but the more and more that is requested, easily gotten by getting another program, its now NOT working, there is a way around it all, two programs, the current version, I think 1.60 and BBAlerts, whaddaya know.. they work together.
    11-12-08 11:52 AM
    "now, if you could add all the features that blackberry alerts has into peekawho, i would reconsider using peekawho. although, i dont think is right to confilct another persons app and then steel there features, but...."

Amen to that. The ideas are not even original.

The whole purpose of Peekawho was to POP on on emails, done, then you added SMS pop up, ok.. cool.. but why you gotta start messing with LED features, it seems to me that all those in here that have pretty much fallen in love with the app get what they wanted, how about those who have conflicts, solving them first then perhaps adding stuff to make sure its compatible. Like I have always said.. there IS another program out there for LED alerts,
    As far as I have seen they have fixed the conflicts with their programs and have offered incredible customer support.

I understand the notion of "not conflicting" with the ideas of others, but I guarantee if you were to look through list of apps in the crackberry store you would see that there are multiple variations of the same ideas... start w/ HTML viewers and so on. Not to mention, it is only "stealing" the feature if you actually take coding and use it without them knowing. That's the beauty of doing business in the United States. Competition is supported and encouraged.

This developer is doing backflips to add the enhancements we ask for so don't completely blame them.

If anyone has a problem with what the company is doing and which features they decide to add or not add, my advice is to go find a new one to support...

There's no reason to bash a hardworking developer simply because you don't feel that what they are doing is right.
    11-12-08 11:53 AM
    How do current users upgrade to this version?

Lego
    11-12-08 11:54 AM
    I kinda agree with Rachael. I LOVED peekawho in the beginning and recommended it to all my friends, but this whole LED thing is crazy! Don't get me wrong, I like the new feature, just wished it worked properly.
    What is the point of releasing .165 if you haven't fixed the problems from .164.
    However, the only thing that gives me hope is that these guys move FAST, so I am sure it will be fixed in a jiffy.

11-12-08 11:54 AM
    Linde, Ive notived people having the SAME issues with the led on 1.63 AND 1.64 now 1.65.. thats not quickly LOL they are releasing more options but not fixing the outstanding ones LOL
    11-12-08 11:56 AM
    Just a thought for everyone... if you download a BETA (Obviously an extra emphasis on the word, "BETA") and you find that it causes a conflict with another one of your programs...

Wouldn't it make sense to uninstall the beta and wait until the actual release comes out?!?

Just a thought here...
    11-12-08 11:58 AM
    How do current users upgrade to this version?

Lego
    There is a link on the 1st page of this thread with the link
    11-12-08 11:59 AM
    Just a thought for everyone... if you download a BETA (Obviously an extra emphasis on the word, "BETA") and you find that it causes a conflict with another one of your programs...

Wouldn't it make sense to uninstall the beta and wait until the actual release comes out?!?

Just a thought here...

We realise this, however, the LED bugs are not getting fixed before the next beta is released, so why would that make, say me, comfortable getting an official version?
    11-12-08 12:00 PM
    Ok I downloaded this to try and nothing happens on my phone. I don't get notices or anything on my BB with emails.

11-12-08 12:00 PM
    We realise this, however, the LED bugs are not getting fixed before the next beta is released, so why would that make, say me, comfortable getting an official version?
    That's why there are 7 day trials and that is why there is Beta testing. Just like with every program out there...

Buyer Beware.
    11-12-08 12:01 PM
    HAHAHA, Rachael..I guess you may be right, but they are sure as heck moving a LOT faster than say, the BOLD and the myspace app or even ATT's 4.5...but I digress.

nofear41: you are also correct and I think I will do just that! I am excited to see how wonderful the app is when it is all working properly.
    11-12-08 12:01 PM
    Ok I downloaded this to try and nothing happens on my phone. I don't get notices or anything on my BB with emails.

Did you enable the pop-ups are such on your phone?

You should see a new icon on your bberry for "PeekaWho" and you'll see a massive amount of options
    11-12-08 12:02 PM
219 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD