So from what I've read - Peekawho currently only does popups for emails, and is working on updates to includes SMS/etc. But Aerize seems to do the same thing, but already includes SMS alerts as well?

Is there any real difference in the two? There's a few dollar price difference, but aside from that? Has anyone used the Aerize app? I want to get one, but now I'm confused as to which one..

EDIT: Ahem. Nevermind. The Peekawho thing I was looking at didn't say it had already been updated to include SMS.. yeah. So um.. disregard this.. sorry guys!!
    Last edited by Denise23; 10-14-08 at 11:59 PM. Reason: I'm an *****..
    10-14-08 11:58 PM
    I'm enjoying the new release of PeekaWho. I'm able to receive both Email & SMS Text alerts. If an Email arrives while I'm surfing the net or working within an application, the PeekaWho pop gives me the option to read it later, go to the inbox to read it now, or delete it. I like the delete feature. Especially for those times when I receive mailing list Emails that I wish not to read. I can continue to do what I'm doing without the flashing red light indicator blinking, that's because I've deleted the unwanted Email. I never could get Aerize to work for some reason.
    10-15-08 12:29 AM
    Thanks

I had wayyy too many tabs open earlier while making this post, lol. Oh well. I bought Peekawho - just waiting to get the DL links and whatnot from the CB store.
    10-15-08 12:33 AM
    I've been expecting to see a PeeKaWho vs. Aeirize Email Alerts thread to pop-up in the forums.

Reminds me of the old BBSmart Email Viewer vs. Empower HTML Viewer threads.

Look for a CrackBerry Comparison soon - Ryan is already working on it and putting the two head to head.

At a glance though, comparing the newest versions, they seem pretty comparable in terms of features and friendliness.
    10-15-08 12:37 AM
    One thing I like about Aerize over the Peek-A-Who is that the Aerize has the ability to change the size of the font in the popups. That's about it. Regardless, they both don't work right on my 8320. It only shows the number and the message. It doesn't include the contact picture nor the name. Peek says it's because of some issue with some networks adding a +1 in front of sms numbers. This makes no sense to me because I added a +1 to a test contact and it still didn't work. Well, at least the people at Peek are responsive, unlike Aerize from whom I still have yet to find any tech support.
    10-15-08 10:16 PM
    i think aerize is nicer, i have a bold theme and it has transparent menus etc and the pop-ups on the email are transparent, i just wish the sms messages would be transparent too.
    10-15-08 10:55 PM
    After a few days of trying each, I think I prefer Aerize. Interface is a bit nicer and it has the option to "mark as read" (I haven't figured out if this is possible with PeekaWho). Aerize does seem to have a few minor bugs in it, but nothing that is not unbearable. Sometimes SMS messages will not show up as the person in my phone book, but instead just as the phone number. Still prefer Aerize, but I am not sold enough yet to buy it.
    10-15-08 11:11 PM
    i think aerize is nicer, i have a bold theme and it has transparent menus etc and the pop-ups on the email are transparent, i just wish the sms messages would be transparent too.
    Peekawho has this now as well. The thing about peekawho is that it's around a month old and is still being updated, which is a good thing. The developer is adding additional features, that I think are great. I'm sticking with it since I've already bought it, but I've never tried the other.
    10-16-08 12:09 PM
    I'm sure this is just something I'm missing, but when I get an SMS with aerize or peekawho and click open it goes to my email inbox, is there a way to get it to open to the SMS inbox?
    10-22-08 01:26 PM
    Peekawho sucks a.ss. 7 bucks for it to deactivate and not let me reactivate. Plus it never supported my SMS no matter how many batt pulls i had to do.
    DO NOT BUY this app.
    10-22-08 02:04 PM
    PeekAWho works fine for me for email and sms, and I got it back when it was $4. Awesome.

RIM does not allow 3rd party apps to access the SMS inbox, so this will not work unless they change that (or you combine the SMS inbox into Messages).
    10-22-08 07:46 PM
    Someone needs to say it, you'll pay more in the long run for aerize.

While they both (annoyingly, and to the protest of many) force you to re-buy over and over if you change your device (something bb users tend to do wuite often-I've had 5 this year alone).

For Aerize
    1. After the 31st, the price goes up to $10. (Don't know if Peekawho will go up, but it's already had it's price increase, so I think it might be set).
    2. Updates from 1.1x to 1.2x are free, but you'll have to pay for upgrades from 1.x to 2.x. Peekawho has lifetime free upgrades for your 1 device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 06:37 AM
    I have not tried Aerize, yet. I plan on trying it out, but I have no intention of purchasing it. I bought Peek a Who when it was $4, and I have not had a problem with it. Other than the fact that I can't get names to show up with SMS, and Peek a Pic does not work, I am fine. Those are features I don't need. I will let you know my comparison of the two products sometime this weekend!
    10-23-08 08:33 AM
    Well I was stupid and bought both. There are things I like better about each. I like the fact that Aerize WORKS with BBalerts something PeekaWho doesn't do. Although if you install Peek first then install BBalerts it will work right for a while (mine stopped working). However I like the advance features of Peek. Like only getting pop ups from certain email addresses. I know you can add contacts to do this in Aerize but don't always want to add all emails of everyone. Aerize also sometimes when I get a popup and close it, it leaves a shadow of the box for about 10 secs then it goes away. a bit annoying. I also can not get the fade time to work right on Aerize. Some people were experiencing a phantom sms pop up with no messege and didn't know why. I think that this happens when you get a voice mail. Atleast that is what the issue was when I got one.

If PeekaWho would fix the problem with running with bbalerts it would win hands down for me.
    10-23-08 01:31 PM
    I got a free version of Aziere. I like that it tells me who my emails are from. But that is the only thing it does for me. It won't open, it won't delete, it won't do anything but tell me have an email. Oh well. It was free.

10-23-08 01:37 PM
    i downloaded both products and tested them extensively by sending myself emails/text messages. IMHO, Aerize has a better interface and the ability to take you directly to the SMS inbox when someone sends you a text message...see this webpage for more info: Support - Aerize Premium BlackBerry Software and Themes

Also for those who hurry, they have a deal that expires today (Nov 14, 2008)where you can purchase for $2.50 with the promotion Code: ALERTS75

Great buy
    11-14-08 04:51 PM
    The only problem Ive come across with Aerize is when BB is in magnetic Holster and pulled out a couple seconds after message is received .
    BB Message inbox is displayed with Aerize notification pop up asking you if you want to go there or dismiss...Its like Aerize is trying to take you were you Already are thus system freeze up accrues sometimes.
    Hopefully Aerize will make fix soon.

Peekawho hmm I will say no more..its all in there PeeKaWho v1.165 thread lol

PS
    Hats off to Aerize for building his app to be able to work with BB Alerts , Its a winning combination.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-14-08 at 05:19 PM.
    11-14-08 05:14 PM
    Someone needs to say it, you'll pay more in the long run for aerize.

While they both (annoyingly, and to the protest of many) force you to re-buy over and over if you change your device (something bb users tend to do wuite often-I've had 5 this year alone).

For Aerize
    1. After the 31st, the price goes up to $10. (Don't know if Peekawho will go up, but it's already had it's price increase, so I think it might be set).
    2. Updates from 1.1x to 1.2x are free, but you'll have to pay for upgrades from 1.x to 2.x. Peekawho has lifetime free upgrades for your 1 device.

Interesting persepective. Nevertheless, a "lifetime free upgrade" does not really help you much IF you continue to change BB devices at that rate.

I have taken the time to compare both products and Aerize wins by a good distance as primarily it does not impact any of my other 3rd party applications. Secondary pluses for me were it seems faster/more responsive, the product looks nicer and also only takes up 47k (compared to Peek-A-Who's 105k).
    11-14-08 05:27 PM
    One thing I have noticed in using the two apps, when in standby, with PAW - the screen will *wake up* so I can glance at the email then decide if its important enough to take action, with Aerize, it still stays in standby.. anyone else experience this?
    11-14-08 05:37 PM
    One thing I have noticed in using the two apps, when in standby, with PAW - the screen will *wake up* so I can glance at the email then decide if its important enough to take action, with Aerize, it still stays in standby.. anyone else experience this?
    hmm I haven't really noticed..It kind of makes sense though.
    That may be what causing freeze ups sometimes when taking out of magnetic holster a couple secs after message is received.
    Ive requested him to look into such issues in his CB forum..hopefully soon it will be resolved.
    11-14-08 05:46 PM
    I purchased Peekawho because I had a bad experience with Aerize not being responsive to technical questions (as in zero replies to repeated questions sent via email despite being a registered user) and not developing another (expensive!) program I purchased. After being burned like that I didn't really want to support this developer again. Despite this, I decided to try Aerize Alerts because of all the talk here about how great it was and how it worked with Autostandby, etc. Trouble is, I hate the program so far. Peekawho's interface is far better, IMHO. Maybe I'm just more used to it, but I prefer it over Aerize.

I am also using BBAlerts and like that a lot. I've had no issues so far with them working together. I think some complained about an SMS issue, but I don't get many of these. I'm more concerned with email popups (which PAW handles great) and getting LED alerts for missed calls, calendar events, and voicemails (which BBAlerts handles). I also use Autostandby and so far, so good despite PAW not being set to work with it as Aerize is. Recent threads also appear to show some issues with Aerize and Autostandby anyway.

I noticed that some people use both PAW and Aerize. Why? Just curious if I'm missing something in terms of features because I'm about to delete Aerize entirely. It may just be a case of burned once, twice shy I suppose, but give me a good reason to keep this over PAW?
    11-28-08 12:30 PM
    I own both (because I got Aerize free), and as such I've kept it to test out it's updates.

But I only use Peekawho. It is better. I disagree that Aerize looks better. Peekawho does more, much more than I originally expected it to.
    11-28-08 12:47 PM
    I own both (because I got Aerize free), and as such I've kept it to test out it's updates.

But I only use Peekawho. It is better. I disagree that Aerize looks better. Peekawho does more, much more than I originally expected it to.
    Thanks for the feedback! I saw all the posts that seemed to prefer Aerize's interface and features, but so far I can't see why. For now I'm deactivating Aerize and going back to using Peekawho.
    11-28-08 01:18 PM
    Does either one have a button to "Delete on Mailbox & Handset"? This is such a convenient option I use all the time when viewing email, but I don't recall seeing it on either Aerize or Peekawho.
    11-28-08 06:04 PM
    Dilbert, As far as I know neither offers it. I've always accessed that through the actual menu. If you are a registered user of either program you could ask the developer. I never use that option myself.
    11-29-08 11:12 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD