Hi everyone,

I recently updated my 8320 OS to 4.5.0.81 in order to get full functionality from this program.

It works great except I'm not getting SMS popups. Email popups and the pic popups are working great, just not SMS.

Is anyone else having this problem?

THANKS!
    10-17-08 10:15 AM
    Make sure you have the SMS pop-up box checked and do a battery pull afterwards. See if that works...
    10-17-08 10:18 AM
    I did attempt to do that, and it still hasn't worked. I thought I would ask on the Forums first before emailing the support team.
    10-17-08 10:50 AM
    good luck with support, took them a week to get my peek a who answers, now on on my fouth day without help trying to get follow up to work
    10-17-08 11:35 AM
    They way they have been constantly updating, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another one this Saturday...
    10-17-08 11:38 AM
    Peekawho is playing peekaboo.
    Great app but were are the darn activation codes that allow app to be used.
    Ive purchased this app for 3 of my Sprint 8330s finding that only one of the three activation codes actually worked...I'm still waiting for updated codes so I can enjoy what Ive payed for!
    10-18-08 10:40 AM
    I agree. Lack of support is giving me a bad attitude towards this developer.

This apped worked good for the two day trial. Once purchased, the code doesn't work and now I can use it. Been three days now without it working.

I will uninstall this weekend and not go back if this isn't resolved. I have tried to be patient.

Cody

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 10:46 AM
    Better news
    PeekaWho doesn't work properly with Blackberry Alerts.
    Custom color led blink when SMS is received is no more with Peekawho installed on my 8330 Curve .
    I understand that app is in beta stage yet that bug is a big negative.
    Fix bug and give me Activation codes that work...I'm a happy camper
    10-18-08 06:06 PM
    Better news
    PeekaWho doesn't work properly with Blackberry Alerts.
    Custom color led blink when SMS is received is no more with Peekawho installed on my 8330 Curve .
    I understand that app is in beta stage yet that bug is a big negative.
    Fix bug and give me Activation codes that work...I'm a happy camper
    Just a heads up... I spoke to the support team last week and let's just say PeekaWho is going to give BBalerts a run for their money in the near future.

I suggest those of you looking for fixes and improvements, email the support team. They are really good at inplementing features customers want.

10-18-08 11:50 PM
    Just a heads up... I spoke to the support team last week and let's just say PeekaWho is going to give BBalerts a run for their money in the near future.
    Thats good news f,sure.
    Competition always produces better product , I'm looking very forward to what PeekaWho has to offer in near future.

I suggest those of you looking for fixes and improvements, email the support team. They are really good at inplementing features customers want..
    I agree...but if there's lack of response from any developer make it known..forums are a great place to do so.
    10-19-08 12:21 AM
    So originally I was only having issues with the SMS alerts not functioning with BBAlerts and PeeKaWho, but now my email alerts stopped working as well within BBAlerts.

Is this something that everyone is experiencing now as well? I get the popup, the colored LED starts, then the backlight goes out and so does the LED notification.

I also have AutoStandby installed.

-Grand
    10-21-08 11:41 AM
    Still no pictures but the rest is working fine . I check out updates regularly but there is nothing Any news out there ????
    10-21-08 12:15 PM
    well I have had this thing from the first beta as far as I can see, its pretty handy to have around. It was a bit buggy at first probably to do with compatibility between new 4.6 and peekawho its hard to keep up but when the new builds arrived peekawho was pretty good I was able to get all my popups and, then out of no where peekawho release the build with the icons / pics I dig that :0) have never really had problems with the app its always been good for me thus far.

as soon as kevin posted it , I was like hey thats a cool idea let me give
    that puppy a try !

make sure you get the latest build for the ultimate peekawho experience
    Last edited by vx1; 10-21-08 at 12:39 PM.
    10-21-08 12:33 PM
    So originally I was only having issues with the SMS alerts not functioning with BBAlerts and PeeKaWho, but now my email alerts stopped working as well within BBAlerts.

Is this something that everyone is experiencing now as well? I get the popup, the colored LED starts, then the backlight goes out and so does the LED notification.

I also have AutoStandby installed.

-Grand
    What version of BBAlerts are you using? If you are using 1.65, I would recommend you downgrade to 1.3. I have not had a problem since doing so, and I was having issues from day one with getting the two to play nice together.
    10-21-08 12:36 PM
    you might want to get the newest stable build OS for your unit .. its possible that between the new OS or OLD OS you have on the phone and the version of peekawho .. might conflict .. seeing how the phone OS's are not released as final in most cases ..
    10-21-08 12:42 PM
    What version of BBAlerts are you using? If you are using 1.65, I would recommend you downgrade to 1.3. I have not had a problem since doing so, and I was having issues from day one with getting the two to play nice together.
    Yeah, 1.65 ... I'll give 1.3 a shot. Thanks!
    10-21-08 03:20 PM
    I have no idea where to find the build for BBAlerts .....
    10-22-08 03:01 AM
    did anyone else have trouble getting the activation code to work, keeps telling me it's an incorrect code

Yes, I am having the same problem. They keep telling me to use this new serial number and I keep asking them where to use it since I'm coming off a demo and my only two choices are Activate or Purchase. I think I was supposed to use all capital letters in giving them by BB PIN but their form didn't call for it and I did not think of it and now they say it is case sensitive. So I asked if I could get a refund of this purchase and begin over again and I'm still waiting on that.
    10-22-08 10:29 AM
    My SMS pops won't work. What the hell? I want my $ Lebowski.
    10-22-08 12:38 PM
    I had problems activating - and a couple of mails later I had a new link and activation code and all is working!!
    The codes etc are case sensitive tho...

10-29-08 02:18 AM
    Gave PeekAWho another chance on my Storm2 after a long while with Aerialize, and I found that it was locking up my screen when an alert happened. I tried turning off compatibility mode, but no luck. I had to remove it. Is anyone using it on Storm2? If not, what do people recommend? Aerialize was working, but it has not been upgraded in a long time and still doesn't work properly with SMSs when you click Open.
    12-10-09 01:53 PM
    I just downloaded the new version of peekAwho, now called SmrtAlerts....and am I wrong or did they remove features like the color changing led for different alerts and stuff???
    01-12-10 11:21 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD