Hi, anyone know of a PDF viewer that's free and available? I've downloaded some but cannot open, help please Crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 03:09 AM
    My 8520 opens pdfs and I've not installed anything to open them. I got word to go or whatever its called on my phone when I got it and I think it must be that, that opens them. So give that a try

04-18-11 04:05 AM
    If you are running OS 4.5 on your 8110 then DocsToGo is included. However the version you have is the basic version and does not include a PDF reader. If you upgrade, by paying, to the Premium version then there is a free PDF reader that comes with the package.

The processor on your 8110 is very slow and the phone only has 48Mb memory (I think). This may well prove to be too little for usable PDF viewing.

I know of no free PDF viewers other than the one that allows viewing of PDF email attachments to BlackBerry emals. This viewer uses the BIS datanetwork of your dataplan to process the PDF prior to display.
    04-18-11 04:35 AM
    And it will cause your DoctsToGo to search for files continously when you run it and not run properly. be warned as that is a known issue with v3

I bought RepliGo Reader for BlackBerry - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store . It was a bit expensive, but I used a discount coupon and was able ot get $3 USD off the price. It works great for viewing PDF and the PDF feels as if you were viewing it on a PC with nice zoom in / out options
    After I had opened a file, edited it a bit, then saved it, that continuous loading stopped.
    04-18-11 09:25 AM
    Open the leaked ver. Scroll sideways to "recent" close it. It'll open there in future and not do the searching bit...

04-18-11 11:47 AM
    The leaked version of DocsToGo, v3, only works on devices running OS 6. Documents to Go v3 Leak Hints that Future Versions May be Free? - BerryReview

It will not work on an 8110.
    04-18-11 12:08 PM
    If you are running OS 4.5 on your 8110 then DocsToGo is included. However the version you have is the basic version and does not include a PDF reader. If you upgrade, by paying, to the Premium version then there is a free PDF reader that comes with the package.

The processor on your 8110 is very slow and the phone only has 48Mb memory (I think). This may well prove to be too little for usable PDF viewing.

I know of no free PDF viewers other than the one that allows viewing of PDF email attachments to BlackBerry emals. This viewer uses the BIS datanetwork of your dataplan to process the PDF prior to display.
    Hi, I've got a 9700 on OS6, Ive forgotten to update my profile info!
    04-18-11 02:59 PM
    The leaked version of DocsToGo, v3, only works on devices running OS 6. Documents to Go v3 Leak Hints that Future Versions May be Free? - BerryReview

It will not work on an 8110.
    so whats the key to getting v3 to work? ive downloaded, did batt pull, uninstalled v2, reinstalled v3 did batt pull, and all i seem to get is the spinning circle...i have 9780 running .526..........
    04-18-11 08:25 PM
    so whats the key to getting v3 to work? ive downloaded, did batt pull, uninstalled v2, reinstalled v3 did batt pull, and all i seem to get is the spinning circle...i have 9780 running .526..........
    If you open the files through applications>files>(select the file from your microSD card), you will not get the hourglass. There is no need to actually open the DocsToGo app to open the files.
    04-18-11 09:41 PM
    If you open the files through applications>files>(select the file from your microSD card), you will not get the hourglass. There is no need to actually open the DocsToGo app to open the files.
    i suppose...kinda crazy....
    04-19-11 03:50 PM
    I use the leaked Docs2Go just fine. I love it in fact.
    04-20-11 06:12 AM
    i suppose...kinda crazy....
    You are getting full functionality with a PDF reader for free - can't complain too much

Or do as DD1968 suggested: open Docs2Go, scroll to the Recent tab, then close it. It will open to this tab next time you launch it. This tab has an Open Folders selection along with the list of recently used files.
    04-21-11 06:12 PM
    Hi i hv blackberry 8520 curve with OS 5, I want to install PDF viewer bcoz in my phone that is not installed. please help me to do so
    04-22-11 04:32 AM
    Hi i hv blackberry 8520 curve with OS 5, I want to install PDF viewer bcoz in my phone that is not installed. please help me to do so
    You could download the free Dataviz Docs2Go and e-mail yourself the PDF or you could buy one off of App World.
    04-22-11 11:25 AM
    To get the PDF viewer you need to buy the Premium version of DocsToGo from DataViz. Once you have done this, and downloaded the Premium edition of the product you may also download the PDF viewer.

The PDF viewer will NOT work unless you have the Premium edition installed on your phone.
    04-22-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD