Hey all. I recently tried to open a pdf file one of my teachers put on to their website. I was sad to find that I was unable to read the pdf file.
    It would open, but it was so small on the screen that I was unable to see any of the text. I was just wondering if there is a 3rd party app that allows full viewing and zoom on pdf files.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 12:01 AM
    I think you can press menu to zoom in and enhance.
    01-06-09 12:38 AM
    My menu doesn't give me any such option. I'm using a curve 8330

01-06-09 10:28 AM
    The paid version of Docs to Go has a pdf reader.
    01-06-09 10:42 AM
    Follow these steps and i'm sure u'l achieve what you want 2 -
    1. Download mobipocket reader on you BB
    2. Download the PC version of Mobipocket reader
    3. Convert your PDF using the PC Mobipocket reader
    4. Send them to your phone
    5. You can zoom and view those files
    01-06-09 12:59 PM
    The native BlackBerry PDF reader isn't very good - by the time you expand it to a viewable size the resolution is too pixelated to see anything. I've had good luck with BeamReader, which can read/save PDF files in attachments or read from the media card. I'm on OS 4.3 at the moment and don't have Docs to Go.
    Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry

01-06-09 07:19 PM
    Go and get a Storm. The baseline pdf support is awesome. I can open pdf files I encounter surfing and I can email a pdf file to myself (I think so it gets cracked by a BB Server) and then pan, zoom, and scroll. My associates are blown away.

Doctor Neutron
    01-06-09 10:03 PM
    Does anyone know of a calendar software other than Agendus or Pocket Informant. I'm trying to find an app that allows color coding appts. and having it show up on the month view. Similar to Palm's calendar.
    thanks.
    01-07-09 07:51 AM
    Hey, thanks so much for the BeamReader suggestion! It d/l and installed w/o a hitch (surprise, surprise!) and it has opened all of the pdfs I've thrown at it. Granted, it's a bit "fuzzy" when I zoom in, but it's still all readable and the photos came through fine.

Thanks again for the link! Much easier than the Mobipocket app I tried last night. (and now I'm wondering if it was because it was 3am....lol)
    01-07-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD