This is my first experience using my phone as a modem. For the little bit of research I did, seems most people liked pdanet better. I just got both the trials and pdanet doesn't even work for me. It connects but is rediculously slow...the one time I had patients to let it finish uploaded google.com it took minutes. Why is this? I have a BB Curve 3330. I was actually very surprised how fast my connection is with tetherberry. Anyone know whats going on with my pdanet?

Thanks,
    MJB
    12-16-09 11:55 AM
    Why not just use DM 5.01? It's built in and not really hard to config at all
    12-16-09 12:01 PM
    I keep getting

BlackBerry Desktop Manager failed to start an IP modem session using the connected device:

There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)

Please check your profile settings and make sure your radio is turned on. This service might also have been turned off by your wireless service provider or your administration."

I have sprint and the "simply everything plan". Can they track that the data is being tethered from your phone to your laptop while using DM 5.01 versus not being able to with tetherberry?
    12-16-09 12:26 PM
    Why not just use DM 5.01? It's built in and not really hard to config at all
    How do you use 5.0.1 to tether?
    12-16-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD