Which one of the two should I get. Pdanet is only 29 whereas tetherberry is 50. Is tetherberry better? Just curious if anyone knows any pros and cons between the two. Hopefully I can catch tetherberry 50% off soon, since sprint cut us off.
    11-09-09 11:29 PM
    I have tried thr trial of both. Pdsnet I couldn't even get any webpsge to open. Tetherberry was a bit tempermental but was functional. I hope to find it pn sale soon too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 02:09 AM
    I was lucky to catch Tetherberry on sale & use it a lot when wi-fi not available for the laptop...works great, easy to use & well worth the money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:27 AM
    maybe tetherberry will offer something soon.

they should go through their list of "beta testers" and replace those that don't use it enough to be considered even trial users for those that would actually use it and be willing to actually help them.
    11-11-09 02:48 PM
    Pdanet won't work for your blackberry, it only support the storm and tour running on verizon. I asked and they don't seem to be working on expanding to the bb curve, too bad since I had the windows mobile license and could get pdanet for bb even cheaper for being a returning customer
    11-25-09 07:06 PM
    OP, I have tried to run both. I'm a realtor, always on the road, and use my laptop occasionally away from home or office to look up info, send conctracts, check emails etc. I refused to pay VZ another $30-60 for tether or an air card. PDANET I could never get to work. I always told me "error 817" and timed out the connection. I tried to correspond via customer support but didn't get anywhere. I tried tetherberry, and had some problems with the initial setup. I emailed support back and forth and finally got it worked out with their help. It took about 2 days and 5 emails back and forth, but since its been working its been great. According to speed test .net, my download speed was 1.2 mbps, and my upload was .4 mbps, which I was very happy with. Personally, I would recommend tether over pda, even though the price is double. I figure it pays for itself in two months over VZ product anyways. I run a Storm 2 on 5.0 with VZ if that makes a difference to you. Hope that helps!
    11-27-09 10:46 AM
    I've never used Tetherberry so I can only speak to PDANet on Flip 8230. I've used PDANet for six months on my 8230 and 2 years before that on WM smartphone. Not sure what problem others have had with pdanet but it has worked flawlessly on my VZ bb with OS 4.6.1.234. The USB cable connection method was a breeze, finally got bluetooth DUN working after a little research. It's a great tool for on the road internet usage.
    11-27-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD