I bought and installed "google search popup " and it requires me to allow my personal info to be accessed and used by this app. why? Do they intend to sell my email and phone number to someone again? ive already been dupped into giving permission once to a app and now i cant get the dam telemarketers to stop calling my cell!!! if i pay for the app then i shouldnt have to give up my info. yeah i know,,, thats the times we live in. what a crock of $#!*
    11-11-12 08:15 PM
    i feel for you, i do not agree with having to share my personel info either. bought a game the other day and cause i dont allow the permissions the game wont run.
    pisses me off.
    really freaks me out reading the "allow app to access your pictutes, files and so on"

call me crazy
    11-11-12 08:48 PM
    Often times, apps ask for extra permissions that they don't need. Call it poor designing or developer laziness. You could try denying some of the permissions you're being asked for, and see if the app still works.
    11-11-12 09:16 PM
    i got an error and then it closed. now deleted and there i go shouting single syllable profanity's at google. Lol Lotta good that will do if no one heard me. oh well.
    11-11-12 09:31 PM
    I bought Applock. Wanted all the acess to my stuff like you mentioned. That was the whole point of getting that app. So somebody could not get into my info. It keeps asking for permissision and I keep unchecking the boxes. What nerve, where are the BB Police when we need them?! Makes me think that there are a bunch of Hackert apps out there.
    11-15-12 02:42 AM
    If you want an app to add something to your menus, or be able to back up its own settings to the media card, or load a custom background, or save a screenshot or memo, or picture you took from within the app, then it needs a personal information permission for any of those things. As long as it doesn't also have Internet permission it can't send any of that stuff out without opening the browser -- which you'd notice. So what's to worry about?
    11-15-12 03:05 AM