I don't have any affiliation with Bulbera at all, I just like making videos of themes and apps I really like, so here is one I just created showcasing Bulbera's Pattern Lock Pro.

Adam Zeis did a review on CB homepage for Easy Lock Pro (another app by Bulbera) which does almost the same thing, but without needed a password to unlock.
    http://crackberry.com/easy-lock-pro

But, here is a little video I put together of Patter Lock Pro.

Check it out and tell me what you think. Really fluid and awesome locking app!
    [YT]
    [/YT]

For Mobile:
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 02-14-12 at 03:22 PM.
    02-14-12 03:20 PM
    Wow looks great! Is it totally secure (I don't know much about these things so sorry if I sound like a noob). I mean, if I lose my phone etc. nobody will be able to access it wthtout guessing the swipe? Is the BB password more or as secure?
    02-14-12 03:27 PM
    Wow looks great! Is it totally secure (I don't know much about these things so sorry if I sound like a noob). I mean, if I lose my phone etc. nobody will be able to access it wthtout guessing the swipe? Is the BB password more or as secure?
    Having a normal Blackberry Password set will definitely be more secure. It's integrated into the OS and has been perfected by RIM (which is a company all about security).

But, for the average user I would say this app is pretty secure. I'm not sure how someone would be able to access the device without guessing the swipe pattern or your security question if you set one (honestly don't know how to access that part... maybe if you tap the "emergency call" option, but I didn't try that in case it auto-dials 911 :P
    02-14-12 03:32 PM
    lol... thanks for the info.

I will definitely check it out!
    02-14-12 03:36 PM
    You can set patternlock to turn off by plugging into charger. So make sure this is not enabled. And you can set the max amount of attempts before lockout/timeout. Plus I discovered that you can back trace the pattern too. For example... bottom three bottoms left to right and back to left. So your pattern could be pretty difficult and the user would just keep trying and then time out over and over.

I have the built in password enabled as well though. Nothing beats the security wipe. I use patternlock mainly for my holster and the "wow" factor with Droid and iOs users who think it is only for them.
    02-14-12 03:46 PM
    ^True, and I have it to not be password locked when the clock is running because I use bedside mode. I'm honestly not that afraid of getting my phone stolen. And if it was, there isn't much on there that would ruin my life if someone found. All of my passwords are in the Password Keeper app that came with the device.

Also, I have BB Protect, so if I loose my phone, or it's stolen I can just log on, see where it is and choose to do a security wipe or not depending on the situation.

But, most people I would run into wouldn't know how to get past the lock... And if they did, I'm assuming they want my phone so badly that they would find away to get through to it anyways.
    02-14-12 03:51 PM
    ^ I'm honestly not that afraid of getting my phone stolen. And if it was, there isn't much on there that would ruin my life if someone found. All of my passwords are in the Password Keeper app that came with the device.

Also, I have BB Protect, so if I loose my phone, or it's stolen I can just log on, see where it is and choose to do a security wipe or not depending on the situation.

But, most people I would run into wouldn't know how to get past the lock... And if they did, I'm assuming they want my phone so badly that they would find away to get through to it anyways.
    Same here... but I love Patternlock. Not trying to down it.
    02-14-12 04:12 PM
    Same here... but I love Patternlock. Not trying to down it.
    Which do you prefer? This one by Bulbera, or the Tafasa one (The first ever patternlock that came out when the Storm series hit).

I personally like this one because it's more fluid, has the option for a two step unlock and just has amazing integration features. Better looking too imo.
    02-14-12 04:24 PM
    I have Tafasa... but now you have me downloading Bulbera. So my earlier post should be disregarded. I jumped the gun and gave info about Tafasa.

I'll give you an update once it is installed and running.
    02-14-12 04:33 PM
    So far I like it... have any info about auto locking upon holstering instead of immediatley or after set amount of time?

Second... notice any difference in battery? This could be a deal breaker for me. I'm monitoring now.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-14-12 at 05:16 PM.
    02-14-12 05:01 PM
    I have the Vaja case (as shown in the video) that has the magnet to sleep the device when closed. Not sure if that is the same as a holster, but if it is it works perfectly. I close the case and it locks the device, when I open the case the lock screen pops right up.

Also, if I hit the top lock button it locks the device. As shown in the video, you don't need to hit the top lock button again to unlock, just click the back button or something and the bulbera lock screen pops up.

No battery difference at all for me, but I've only been using the app since last night. Today was normal for me though.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-14-12 05:56 PM
    Loook pretty, thanks for the video
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    02-14-12 06:06 PM
    It is the same as holster... but i want it to lock upon holstering whith it not set to lock immediately. I'll have to play with the timeout time. But I do like how fluid it is.
    02-14-12 06:08 PM
    I don't use the built in password because with my old Bold 9700, I found that after keep typing over and over the same password, some of the keys began to wear off. I mean M for example even had an issues caused by excessive use.

With all the quality control problems at RIM, I really don't want to break my new Bold 9900's keyboard. So I got this app a long time ago just to avoid using the same keys over and over on the keyboard.
    02-14-12 06:35 PM
    I don't use the built in password because with my old Bold 9700, I found that after keep typing over and over the same password, some of the keys began to wear off. I mean M for example even had an issues caused by excessive use.

With all the quality control problems at RIM, I really don't want to break my new Bold 9900's keyboard. So I got this app a long time ago just to avoid using the same keys over and over on the keyboard.
    I thought the Bulbera one was just released?

I've had the Tafasa PatternLock for a while, but just recently got this one.

EDIT: THIS IS MY 3000th post
    02-14-12 06:37 PM
    I absolutely love this app. This and Weatherbug on my 9930 are two of the most essential apps for me.
    02-14-12 11:15 PM
    Ok... after running this app for over 12 hours. I dig it. No noticable battery difference or memory issue, yet. But it is definitely smooth and fast. The other one I had kinda froze at times when swiping the pattern.

I don't see a need for the native password lock turned on with this app. But I'm still hoping to find a way to have this app activate just by holstering alone. I may contact developer to see if this feature can be added.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    02-15-12 09:11 AM
    Ya. The Dev seems responsive. I 'tweeted' the video and mentioned the Dev and he replied very quickly.

Also they have an app just like this, but instead of pattern there is a keypad where you can tap in numbers like the iPhone.
    02-15-12 12:58 PM
    I sent in an email regarding the holstering. I may also check out the numbers one.
    02-15-12 02:59 PM
    I've yet to be able to use this app on my 9810 with 7.1. Anyone have any luck with this?
    If so, how did you manage?

TIA
    02-15-12 06:48 PM
    I've yet to be able to use this app on my 9810 with 7.1. Anyone have any luck with this?
    If so, how did you manage?

TIA
    Is it compatible with the 9810? Have you contacted the developer?
    02-16-12 12:40 PM
    Is it compatible with the 9810? Have you contacted the developer?
    Thanks, but no, I haven't.
    I can get it to work when I manually tell it to, but it won't lock by itself.
    I use slider lock now.
    02-16-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD