I used CryptMagic for several years on two devices (separate licence for each), including my current BB.

However, when I upgraded the handheld OS from 4.6 to 5.0, parts of CryptMagic became unreadable (due to the way selection boxes display among other things). So I had to switch to something else, and I chose DataVault. I exported from CryptMagic and imported into DataVault, did a bit of housecleaning, and was set.

I liked CryptMagic, it was solid and painless but from reading around the 'net, they aren't updating nor supporting [very well]. So it was a good a time as any to jump ship.
    12-23-09 02:16 PM
    There is one to rule them all... LastPass. Works on your BB and pretty much any browser on PC or Mac (not sure about Linux).

Plus it syncs with any platform it supports... including the app on your Berry.

No contest IMO.
    12-23-09 03:48 PM
    I use KeePass (KeePass Password Safe). It's free and has a desktop app for synchronizing between it and BB. You can also store your password database on SD card if you want.
    12-23-09 04:03 PM
    So I downloaded the desktop client for both data vault and keepass. Both are great apps but it seems that data vault is more geared towards having more than just passwords like credit card numbers and insurance IDs and such. I suppose you could do the same with keepass but you would need to add a bunch of custom strings. So far it seems that data vault is the way to go if you have the money to spend. Next I will have to try the actual BB applications to see if I reach the same conclusion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:33 PM
    I was going to but it looks like it has the least features....
    Hi,

The review you are referring to was completed in March 2007 and was based on version 1.18 of Ascendo DataVault.

The current version of Ascendo DataVault (4.5.3) was recently reviewed by CrackBerry, see link below.
    http://crackberry.com/review-ascendo-datavault-v4-5-3

You can download a trial version of DataVault from the following link:
    Ascendo DataVault - Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    01-20-10 08:54 AM
    +1 EWallet

I have been using this for years through my Palm years, WM and now on the BB. The newest version is top notch. I sync to two different desktops so my passwords are always available on my most commonly used workstations.

I have yet to find another product that does the job this well.
    01-20-10 09:13 AM
    Anyone know where I can get an eWallet coupon code? Are there any out there? Thanks.
    01-20-10 11:37 AM
    There is one to rule them all... LastPass. Works on your BB and pretty much any browser on PC or Mac (not sure about Linux).

Plus it syncs with any platform it supports... including the app on your Berry.

No contest IMO.
    +1

I've used them all and it is no contest, LastPass FTW
    02-17-10 09:55 PM
    Looks good, but your data is stored on a Lastpass server? is that how it works? If so, it kinda defeats the purpose. Sort of.

BTW, I am really, really high on DataVault right now.
    02-17-10 10:30 PM
    Looks good, but your data is stored on a Lastpass server? is that how it works? If so, it kinda defeats the purpose. Sort of.

BTW, I am really, really high on DataVault right now.
    I own and like Datavault, but you owe it to yourself to look at LastPass. I am so happy to stop monkeying around with password schemas and trying to keep several devices in sync. Firefox stores none of my passwords, not even for forums like Crackberry. Having the convenience of my passwords at my fingertips at my Office PC, one of my Mac's at home or on my Blackberry without connecting and going through "sync" maneuvers has been priceless. A whole issue I never need to give a second thought. (Yes, my LastPass password is very secure)

Another point, you can have it pull your existing Firefox or Ie stored passwords and move them to LastPass. It also works with Safari and Chrome.

PCMag

Here's the PC Magazine "Editors" Choice article: LastPass 1.50 - At A Glance - Reviews by PC Magazine

Also, the ability to "rate" your existing passwords is in the latest version 1.6 (I believe it's been there for a while now)

LastPass goes to great lengths to explain why this is safe: While your data is in storage and during transmission across the Web, it remains protected by 256-bit AES encryption. The data gets decrypted only on your local system, using a strong master password that only you know. This is a small company that's taking on more established vendors. What if they don't survive? What if new-found popularity overloads their servers so you can't connect with your data? Don't worry. If the servers are offline you won't be able to add or edit login data, but your local copy of LastPass keeps its own cached copy of the encrypted data.

Good article and Lastpass Security Devil's Advocate Security: LastPass - Answering Security Questions The Right Way
    Last edited by ogeneo; 02-18-10 at 05:33 PM.
    02-18-10 05:29 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD