Hello All-

I downloaded Pandora to my Curve 8320 but I have no data plan. It downloaded, and when I clicked on it, I got a warning message that the app uses a lot of data and the user would be responsible for any charges. My question is, if I don't have a data plan, could I still be charged? Had anyone had this happen?
    11-08-09 11:34 PM
    You must be using wifi and there is no charge for wifi. Streaming radio uses a lot of data..... You said you do not have a data plan but you might be downloading from T mobile and paying by the byte. Check with your carrier...
    11-08-09 11:54 PM
    YIKES!! I'll check on that right away, thanks!
    11-09-09 12:07 AM
    50K for a full day? I use it at the gym for an hour and it uses about 20k each time give or take
    11-09-09 12:06 PM
    Your carrier is going to love you! Cha ching

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 12:18 PM
    around 50000kb a day ...
    50K for a full day? I use it at the gym for an hour and it uses about 20k each time give or take
    The conversion from Kb to Mb is about 1000 (1024).

50,000 Kb = about 50 Mb.

You can do that for 20 days and use 1 Gb.
    11-09-09 12:27 PM
    i know the conversion but that still seems low for a FULL Day
    11-09-09 12:29 PM
    How can you find out how much data you're pulling per day? On the phone, in the app or from your carrier's bill?

There is also a quality setting in Pandora, Normal for Slow Connections and High for best audio quality which would make a big difference in data useage. Over the network use Normal, but pulling wifi for free you can go to High.
    11-09-09 02:52 PM
    I use pandora at work for a good 4 to 7 hours 5 days a week. I got a bill last month that said I used over 2gb of data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:35 AM
    Hello All-

I downloaded Pandora to my Curve 8320 but I have no data plan. It downloaded, and when I clicked on it, I got a warning message that the app uses a lot of data and the user would be responsible for any charges. My question is, if I don't have a data plan, could I still be charged? Had anyone had this happen?
    The best way to ensure that Pandora is not using your mobile connection for data is to go into the application options screen, and for the "Wi-Fi" option select "Only". This ensures that it will only use Wi-Fi even if/when there is a mobile data plan active.
    11-10-09 11:38 AM
    I should also mention that as long as you are on an unlimited data plan, you will have no problems with your carrier for using Pandora (at least from the "big four" in the US). We have not heard a single report of surcharges or data usage charges from our BlackBerry listeners.
    11-10-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD