I want to add a radio app but not sure of the differences, etc.
    Can you guys tell me who you have & the pros & cons?

thank you
    08-28-09 05:08 PM
    I use Pandora. I like pandora because for one it is free, there isnt even a premium service fee like there is with slacker. I have never once heard a advertisement with Pandora (I have with Slacker). Pandora also lets you skip a **** of alot of songs, slacker on the other hand only lets you skip 3 (unless you pay for the premium service). I heart radio is ok, I havnt used it alot, but it is just what it is, radio. You can listin to alot of stations from all over the US, but it only lets you listin to Clear Channel radio stations. Happy hunting!
    08-28-09 06:18 PM
    there are already many threads about this

use a search
    08-28-09 06:28 PM
    sorry, I did search but didn't see a comparison of all 3... I only see bits & pieces about Slacker or Pandora
    sorry again
    Last edited by klrodrigues; 08-28-09 at 07:28 PM.
    08-28-09 07:17 PM
    Pandora blows the others away.

The only thing I have found usefull about slacker is that it lets me cache stations so when I am in the backcountry without reception I can still listen to tunes.

also, Slacker (free) is very annoying trying to shut it down etc. it takes forever. They are constantly trying to get you to upgrade which pisses me off.

Pandora also sounds the best over my car stereo.
    08-28-09 08:32 PM
    I actually have all 3 on my phone for different reasons.

Pandora: You type in an artists name and it gives you a station with that type of music.

Slacker: Slacker has your stations well categorized, i mainly use it for the 2 comedy channels.

IHeartRadio: Lets you listen to your favorite clear channel stations.

IMO all 3 are great. I have no problem shutting down slacker like others have talked about. Select shut down, it asks you if you want to upgrade or just shut it down, select shut down and there you go.

But i do have to say that i like slacker the most due to it being well categorized.
    08-28-09 09:26 PM
    +1 For Pandora
    I've been using Pandora for a long time and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:27 PM
    Deff pandora in my opinion
    08-29-09 03:17 AM
    Thanks for the response guys! Seems like its a toss up between Pandora & Slacker. I live in a rural area so IHeart Radio probably won't be good here

I'm not sure if I like the idea of searching an artist & getting that genre music... If I search for an artist I'd like to hear that artist but I'm a bit impatient
    08-29-09 07:54 AM
    i use slacker, i like being able to like/dislike artists/songs of different genres.

i heart radio is cool if you like listening to different stations but i don't do that too much
    08-29-09 09:11 AM
    sorry, I did search but didn't see a comparison of all 3... I only see bits & pieces about Slacker or Pandora
    sorry again
    No need for you to be sorry,So what if you ask a question that has been asked on here before. One might not always know how to do a search. That is why this web site is here. Don't take any crap from anyone!!!!!
    Last edited by xcrackberryx; 08-29-09 at 09:43 AM.
    08-29-09 09:35 AM
    Pandora loads and shuts down faster than Slacker on my device. Slacker has the ability to cache stations, but it adds a file to your SDcard that allows it to update your cached stations. It becomes annoying for times when you just want to simply plug your BlackBerry to your PC to open a file. When connecting your BlackBerry to your PC, Slacker will try to update your cached stations. I deleted those files, but those files are added back when you run Slacker. I no longer have Slacker. I use Pandora now.
    08-29-09 08:44 PM
    I would also have to go with Pandora, I think its way better than slacker. And I wouldent want to listen ti clearchannel artists ;p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD