I'm sitting in the car on the way back from vacation and noticed something that I can't seem to find a way to fix

I'm listening to Pandora and have trapster running. Anytime trapster interrupts the music with an alert pandora seems to pause. The only way to get it to start again is to go hit play in Pandora.

This seems to happen with any two audio sources. Is there any way to automatically return the focus to Pandora?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 11:18 AM
    The media player will resume music after notification alerts, but not after phone calls. But the video player will not, you have to hit play for that to resume. I think this is probably controlled by the app, rather than the phone. But not totally sure.
    08-21-10 11:58 AM
    The built in media player is acting the same as Pandora

08-21-10 12:12 PM
    Trapster issue then I would think.
    08-21-10 12:48 PM
    If you have a GPS unit in your car you can load all of the trapster data into it also. Redlight cameras and such. I just updated mine with the latest data which came out on 8/17/2010. I use both the gps and my phone with trapster.
    08-21-10 06:37 PM
    It is a limitation of CDMA phones. They can not play to simultaneous sound sources. GSM phones can.
    08-22-10 09:49 PM
    It is a limitation of CDMA phones. They can not play to simultaneous sound sources. GSM phones can.
    I would love to know where you heard that information from. The only difference between a GSM version of a phone and a CDMA version is the chipset used in it...Which has nothing to do with the "sound sources"...

I listen to Pandora and an alert comes in, my phone pauses Pandora to allow me to hear the alert over the music, then once the alert stops ringing Pandora resumes as normal (no problems). My guess is that trapster is not relinquishing it's priority over the phone's media processor, making it impossible for Pandora to know when to resume until you're forcing it to take back over the media processor by pressing play.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your phone being GSM or CDMA... :facepalm:
    08-22-10 11:07 PM
    You should check and possibly disable you audio alerts I trapster if you're going to have Pandora running....that of course assuming if your listening to music you wouldn't want to be interrupted by alerts.

You could also set your profile to silent and prevent all interruptions whild driving w/ trapster & Pandora running.

Bottom line: think its a user prefference fix more that an app compatibility issue.

08-24-10 06:46 PM
    You should check and possibly disable your audio alerts in trapster if you're going to have Pandora running....that of course assuming if your listening to mu
    sic you wouldn't want to be interrupted by alerts.

You could also set your profile to silent and prevent all interruptions whild driving w/ trapster & Pandora running.

Bottom line: think its a user prefference fix more that an app compatibility issue.

08-24-10 06:48 PM
    I would love to know where you heard that information from. The only difference between a GSM version of a phone and a CDMA version is the chipset used in it...Which has nothing to do with the "sound sources"...

I listen to Pandora and an alert comes in, my phone pauses Pandora to allow me to hear the alert over the music, then once the alert stops ringing Pandora resumes as normal (no problems). My guess is that trapster is not relinquishing it's priority over the phone's media processor, making it impossible for Pandora to know when to resume until you're forcing it to take back over the media processor by pressing play.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your phone being GSM or CDMA... :facepalm:
    Thanks for helping to make my point. On a GSM phone Pandora doesn't stop. The alert plays while the music continues to play. A CDMA phone will not do that. Don't believe me, try it. A BB on ATT will play music and alerts and gps all at the same time with out one canceling out the other. CDMA phones won't.
    08-26-10 03:53 PM
    I don't use Pandora or Trapster. However I do use Slacker. I'll hear alerts while streaming Slacker, but the music does not stop playing. I have a 3G device on AT&T.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-26-10 03:59 PM
    I don't use Pandora or Trapster. However I do use Slacker. I'll hear alerts while streaming Slacker, but the music does not stop playing. I have a 3G device on AT&T.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Case in point. The T-Mobile 9700 will also continue playing music. If it is not a GSM vs CDMA issue than what is it?
    08-28-10 10:28 PM
    I am interested in this issue. Could I get some details on the phone type, the OS Version, the version of Trapster, and the version of Pandora? This would help us reproduce and fix the bug.

Dave
    09-16-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD