Has anyone figured out a sure fire way to have Pandora play through a Bluetooth headset? I have read on here how some people have and others have not. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:06 AM
    I just got a Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset last night. I just paired it with my Bold and fired up Pandora. It worked like a charm.
    04-28-09 11:43 AM
    works fine with my Jabra BT8040
    04-28-09 02:46 PM
    The difference is that Pandora works with A2DP bluetooth stereo headsets. It won't work with standard bluetooth earpieces.
    04-28-09 03:01 PM
    works fine with my Jabra BT8040

I cant my Jabra BT 8040 to stream Pandora?? Any tips?
    05-26-09 09:19 PM
    Make sure you have the latest version of Pandora. I think it's 1.0.3. They added full Bluetooth support, even for non-A2P2 earpieces. You can also turn bluetooth output on and off.

05-26-09 09:22 PM
    Pandora plays through my BT stereo in my truck!
    05-26-09 09:27 PM
    actually....I just bought an FM Transmitter for my truck and plug it into the headphone jack. You gotta find one that doesn't have the lighter plug-in. That's the trick. But, it was $40 vs. $140 for bluetooth set up. Works great. I actually sold my iPod after that.
    05-27-09 10:15 AM
    Funny... I use Motorola S9-HDs also, but on my Curve I can't get sound in 'em on Pandora 1.0.3. I tried enabling/disabling Bluetooth in Pandora.

They work fine in the media player and in Slacker, so I'm not sure what's up in Pandora.

Anybody have any further insight?
    06-11-09 11:43 PM
    Bluetooth must be enabled within Pandora.
    To enable Bluetooth, go into the Station List screen, and hit the Blackberry key to pull up the menu.

Select "Options" in the menu, then enable Bluetooth in the options menu (and save).
    06-12-09 12:29 PM
    When playing Pandora thru my stereo bluetooth, the tempo is off. It's playing either too fast or too slow. Any ideas on how to fix it?

06-15-09 11:03 AM
    I'm having the same problem with Pandora on my in BT enabled car stereo and my BT headset (Jaybird 200)

Pandora worked fine in the car with my (Sprint HTC touch) but as you said the when running Pandora in A2DP the tempo is off (either too fast or too slow)

Please help!!!
    06-19-09 10:05 AM
    Looks like it's a known issue, mostly w/ the headsets:

in anticipation of some of the questions that may come up, here are some additional notes:

- To re-iterate: you can get to the "Options" screen from the menu on the "Station List" screen
    - By default Bluetooth is disabled. Once enabled, it will try to use A2DP and if that fails, regular Blutooth. If no Bluetooth channels are working (i.e. no BT headsets are paired and on), the regular audio paths will be used (headphones or speakerphone)
    - If you add or remove a Bluetooth headset while music is playing in Pandora, you may need to pause/play the song for the correct audio routing to kick in (or wait for the next song to start)
    - In our testing, not all A2DP headsets worked properly with all BlackBerry devices. However, these headsets also had problems playing music with the native media player so this issue seems to be out of our control. For example, on a Curve 8330 the Sony DR-BT160As headset exhibited "crackling" and tempo shifts (audio playing slower than it should) in both Pandora and the BlackBerry media player
    - Not all mono Bluetooth headsets are capable of playing music
    - When using both Bluetooth A2DP and Wi-Fi, the audio may cut out for brief periods during network activity. We're currently investigating the cause of this.
    - The 8350i is "Wi-Fi only" because in our testing, the iDEN mobile network was not fast enough to keep up with our audio streams
    - Stereo AAC-HE streams over the mobile network will have to wait, we're still working on some issues
    - Still no resolution on audio issues encountered by some Storm devices (songs starting from beginning after a call, not auto-advancing, etc.)
    - Keyboard shortcuts are as follows:
    SPACE or mute key - Play/Pause (mute key works while Pandora is backgrounded, too)
    S - Skip
    U - Thumb up
    D - Thumb down
    L - Station list
    C - Close ad
    M - More info for ad
    06-22-09 08:31 AM
    i have a bb tour and just bought a Jabra BT530 and cant get pandora to play through headset. Any reason why this is happening????? my regular media plays just fine.
    01-31-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD