I got the storm and am currently using it w/ the TMobile network. I cannot get Pandora to start up. It keeps telling me there is no sufficient coverage. My browser,mms, and email work fine. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have feedback with how their storm works with the TMobile network...it seems like everything takes forever to load on my phone(browser and sometimes the MMS doesnt work ) so I am wondering if its because its originally a Verizon phone or if I should try to do something with it.

Any suggestions and feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    07-15-09 04:10 PM
    First of all, make sure you are using the latest version of the Pandora app, 1.1.0 which was released today. You will also need to make sure that your APN settings are configured for your device - you will need to set it for T-Mobile since that's the network you're on now. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP/IP and make sure APN settings are enabled and the value for APN is "wap.voicestream.com" (no quotes).

The last thing is to ensure you have a proper "unlimited" BlackBerry data plan through T-Mobile. If you just moved your SIM card over from another phone, chances are it's not configured properly in the T-Mobile system so you'll have to call them up and let them know you're using a BlackBerry and they can upgrade your account information. We have found, especially with T-Mobile, that there are numerous settings at the carrier level that need to be set correctly for the "Direct TCP" transport to work correctly (which is what Pandora uses).

Hope this helps!

Marc
    07-15-09 04:46 PM
    best app on the phone
    07-16-09 10:48 AM
    thanks! i will try that!!
    07-16-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD