On every stream of Pandora the song is stopping towards the last 14-30 seconds. Anyone have this problem before? I checked all the permissions and nothing weird there. I have recently updated my Tour to 5.0 so it could be the problem but not sure why.
    09-02-09 07:52 AM
    Yeah I am in the same boat as you are only on my BB Storm.
    Songs seem to just "pause" with 20-30 secs left.
    I hit the pause button and then hit play and the song continues right where it left off.
    I have 5 loaded on my storm as well so this is perhaps a OS compatibility issue.

Sorry though, I dont know of a resolution.
    10-06-09 07:22 AM
    If you look around there are a few threads about this. This is a knows problem on certain operating systems on the blackberry.

Here is one of them. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pan...d-song-330121/
    10-06-09 05:23 PM
    if you check their website it says pandora mobile is available on select phones with AT&T and Sprint... no more Verizon? AMERICAS LARGEST 3G NETWORK ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU PANDORA?!
    10-06-09 07:54 PM
    if you check their website it says pandora mobile is available on select phones with AT&T and Sprint... no more Verizon? AMERICAS LARGEST 3G NETWORK ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU PANDORA?!
    I assume you're looking at http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go in which case I think you're referring to the section at the bottom - this section is for non-smartphones and we only support a few select models and carriers. Above that section there are smaller sections for each type of smartphone. If you click through to BlackBerry, it will take you to http://www.pandora.com/blackberry which lists all of the BlackBerry models and carriers we support (all four major US carriers).

As for the problem with songs stopping near the end - this is due to some changes that were made in 5.0 that interfere with the way the Pandora app preloads the next song -- it will be fixed in the next version of Pandora.

Marc
    10-08-09 02:03 AM
    How do you know this will be fixed in the next version and when will the next version be coming out.

I assume you're looking at Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music in which case I think you're referring to the section at the bottom - this section is for non-smartphones and we only support a few select models and carriers. Above that section there are smaller sections for each type of smartphone. If you click through to BlackBerry, it will take you to Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music which lists all of the BlackBerry models and carriers we support (all four major US carriers).

As for the problem with songs stopping near the end - this is due to some changes that were made in 5.0 that interfere with the way the Pandora app preloads the next song -- it will be fixed in the next version of Pandora.

Marc
    10-09-09 09:43 PM
    How do you know this will be fixed in the next version and when will the next version be coming out.
    I work at Pandora and I'm the lead developer for the BlackBerry app.

The next version will be coming out before the end of the month.
    10-09-09 10:57 PM
    Awesome! So we should expect a new release before or around Halloween?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 11:37 PM
    Awesome! So we should expect a new release before or around Halloween?
    Yes, that's what we're shooting for.
    10-11-09 11:41 PM
    Nice to meet you and thanks for the input into this thread and the Pandora application which I think is wonderful.

I work at Pandora and I'm the lead developer for the BlackBerry app.

The next version will be coming out before the end of the month.
    10-12-09 12:31 AM
    Yes, that's what we're shooting for.
    Wow that's great! I simply love Pandora!!
    10-12-09 09:11 AM
    I hope we get this new version soon. I miss pandora. Not enough to downgrade but close.

10-14-09 08:53 PM
    can't wait for the fix. Sometimes you need reggae before bed. Incredible app. Surprised by the obscure/tough to find content. Very impressive. Love it and never expected to after trying slacker. Thank you.

10-22-09 05:50 AM
    Great to hear upgrade is coming love pandora and os 5.0 on 8330 just want them to work great together.=)
    10-22-09 08:32 AM
    Never had or heard of this problem before on my Storm until....

I upgraded to 5.0 OS Official.

I suppose I am now in the same boat as everyone else.

Did 5.0 "solve" the problems for anyone that had it before?
    A friend of mine upgraded his OS same day, never had a problem before OR after.

Strange...
    10-27-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD