I have spent probably 12 hours trying to figure this out. Basically, my Blackberry Pearl 8100 works fine except for Slacker and Pandora, neither allow data to be sent or received. However, every other function (such as the web browser) allows data to be sent and received just fine. Here is what I've done thus far.

Basic Information:
    - Blackberry Pearl 8100
    - OS Version 4.5.0.124
    - T-Mobile Carrier
    - Blackberry Enterprise Data Plan w/T-Mobile
    - Signal Strength is Excellent

First, I completely wiped the device clean and reinstalled the OS. I ensured there are no IT Policies on the device, indeed none of the security settings have the "red lock" next to them and I am able to change any of the settings I need to. I have not connected to a BES to ensure the device remains clean of any IT Policies. The firewall is disabled. Both Slacker and Pandora's Application Permissions have all been set to ALLOW (all of them). I have updated the TCP settings numerous times so that the APN has been set to (user name and password left blank) the following, in each case the connectivity issue persists:

APN #1: wap.voicestream.com
    APN #2: epc.tmobile.com
    APN #3: epn.tmobile.com
    APN #4: internet2.voicestream.com
    APN #5: internet3.voicestream.com
    APN #6: blackberry.net

I have called T-Mobile's Blackberry support to see if what they have on their end is accurate. Via their IHOR program they indeed have the following APN's assigned to my Blackberry:

* epc.tmobile.com
    * wap.voicestream.com
    * blackberry.net

Finally, I have installed both Slacker and Pandora directly from their web site as well as via Blackberry App World in case that would make a difference. In each and every case BOTH applications appear to not allow data to be sent or received. For Slacker I simply receive LOGIN FAILED or if I attempt to create a new account it also results in an error whereas with Pandora it attempts to test all the connections (APN, WAP2, MDS) but ultimately results in the "Could not connect to Pandora..." error.

What I find especially frustrating is the fact that BOTH applications don't appear to work with the cleanest install I know how and utilizing every setting imaginable (at least to me at this point). Any other suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated.
    05-17-09 08:08 AM
    I thought I read somewhere that both applications specifically didn't work on tmobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 10:54 AM
    I thought I read somewhere that both applications specifically didn't work on tmobile.
    I wouldn't think that is the case. Both slacker.com and pandora.com have documentation that T-Mobile and the Blackberry 8100 is supported.
    05-17-09 05:01 PM
    Sorry to hear it won't work, I have the TMo curve 4.5 and I have iheart, pandora, and slacker.
    I hope someone can help you, I got mine off of app world and only had to input my tcp setting (it was blank) wap.voicestream.com , and it worked.

Probably the last thing you want to do but what about wiping your phone? Reinstall 4.5 and go.

I assume it is not working because you did the back end upgrade because we both go through tmo and they will never release 4.5 for the 8100, and something got screwy.

Dumb question but did you delete the vendor.xml or whatever when you installed 4.5?

Also go to m.youtube.com and see if that works, don't know what it would prove but at least you would know that it can handle the data

-cheers
    05-17-09 08:16 PM
    Hi, I was just wonder how do you "save" the APN when you want to change it on the Panfora Radio. I know how to access it and all, but everytime I push the back key, or any other forms of savin it, it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 04:21 PM
    RESOLVED!!!!: What a nightmare. Ultimately, the issue resided with T-Mobile's back-end configuration. For whatever reason when my Blackberry account was created they added connectivity for the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service) but had "barred" (as T-Mobile put it) the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). Once they enabled the BIS on my account Pandora worked on both a Blackberry 8900 and a Blackberry 8100 that I was attempting to use.

I sincerely hope this helps others because I spent probably close to 20 hours (maybe more) trying to understand why this wouldn't work in my case. At the very least I feel like there isn't much I don't know about Blackberries now
    05-21-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD