Which is better? I need something for the gym. Also what is cache stations that people tell me is good bout slacker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 06:07 PM
    I think Slacker is much better than Pandora. I like the variety of stations on Slacker. I suggest that since they are both free try them out for yourself and keep the one you like best....or keep them both. As far as the cached stations on slacker, I believe you need to get a paid subscription to use this option. It was free until they updated the app a few months back.

07-27-10 06:20 PM
    Slacker has a broader music selection so it wins, although Pandora is not bad either as an alternative since slacker sometimes acts screwy on my phone when it's in an area with bad reception.
    07-27-10 06:24 PM
    I've used both Slacker and Pandora. I prefer Pandora, Slacker was a little buggy.

07-27-10 07:33 PM
    Why not both?
    07-27-10 07:34 PM
    I personally use Pandora now, which is weird because I once preached that Slacker was a million times better. I just find that Slacker takes longer for the next song to load and it cuts off songs before they full end. Slacker does however have broader music selections. Like it was said, try both.

07-27-10 08:19 PM
    You can also try Nobex Radio Companion and iheartradio. Those play actual AM and FM radio stations. Nobex plays the CBS stations, and iheartradio plays the Clear Channel stations.
    07-27-10 08:39 PM
    I think Pandora is a better app overall and find the music selection to be more than plenty broad enough. I do have and use both, but prefer Pandora. Also iHeartRadio is good for am/FM radio as others have stated.

07-27-10 09:22 PM
    Slacker has more music?

WHAT?

Pandora has way more music unless something has drastically changed from 6 months ago. Pandora has everything I have ever searched for.....Slacker was missing many artists. You can make stations that play the songs you here on the elevator.....
    07-27-10 09:35 PM
    I vote for Pandora. I find that it loads much more quickly on my BB than Slacker. I also found that it has more artists than Slacker.
    07-27-10 10:28 PM
    I've used both Slacker and Pandora. I found Pandora to be much more repetitious.

I liked Slacker enough to subscribe to the paid version, which allows OTA caching, unlimited skips, and no commercials.
    07-27-10 10:34 PM
    Pandora fan here but try both and then delete the one you don't want
    07-27-10 10:42 PM
    I vote for Pandora. I find that it loads much more quickly on my BB than Slacker. I also found that it has more artists than Slacker.
    07-27-10 10:53 PM
    A vote for Pandora here, but no harm in having both.
    07-27-10 10:57 PM
    I use Pandora the most, but I use Pandora, Slacker, and I<3Radio.
    07-28-10 10:07 AM
    I have both and Pandora is dead nuts at picking songs similar to the one I searched for. It blew me away how accurate it was at doing this and I was very happy to hear songs I forgot about. Slacker seems way off in this aspect in my opinion as it will just play the same Genre of music which is not what I want.
    08-11-10 08:51 PM
    +1 for Pandora. Great way to find new bands you actually like.
    08-11-10 08:56 PM
    Which one uses more memory?
    08-12-10 08:06 AM
    Love Slacker and some of their preset stations. Their Indie Rock channel is one of the best out there and plays a ton of new songs.
    08-12-10 10:34 AM
    I have both. I prefer Pandora.
    08-12-10 10:38 AM
    i use pandora i lik it better i think its pretty neat the way it makes ure own station
    08-12-10 02:13 PM
    I love Pandora and iheartradio
    08-12-10 02:27 PM
    Love Slacker and some of their preset stations. Their Indie Rock channel is one of the best out there and plays a ton of new songs.
    hey pal, what indie rock station do you speak of? i notice that alternative chill is the closest i've found to good indie music... what about you?

to answer the OP, slacker > pandora. i like the built-in radio stations of slacker, but I agree, the application itself is sometimes really laggy and annoying. its frozen on me multiple times

08-17-10 01:14 PM
    I have both and I prefer Pandora; but I agree with an earlier post, try both out and make your own judgment.

08-17-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD