Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandora

30 61.22%
  • Slacker

17 34.69%
  • other - please specify

2 4.08%
    Everyone here seems to use pandora, but since i swicthed to my 9700 from a 8310 slacker is MUCH better.

The songs load faster and it seems to have a better selection too.

The only thing i can think of that would make pandora better for me is that im not using the newest version, if i go to update it wont let me... i couldnt install from m.pandora.com i had to do it through the app world.
    12-10-09 06:41 PM
    IheartRadio, I like the radio integration, quality, and the variety. I tried pandora also but had a few problems.
    12-10-09 07:02 PM
    Slacker is it fir me. The caching alone is the deal maker for riding subways here in NYC. But something has happened to the playlist engine or something. My previous cached stations have gone all wonky with all mixed up artists in my stations. I mean 'Bob Dylan and the Allman Brothers on my "Bob Marley" station?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 07:23 PM
    Neither since they unfortunately both don't work in Canada; boo!
    12-10-09 07:29 PM
    I use both but if your not in a 3G area, Slacker can tend to buffer more while Pandora wont so you have to cache with Slacker. Only time I will lose 3G is while on road trip going thru rural areas but that when I use these streaming radios the most. I still like Pandora more.
    12-10-09 07:36 PM
    I use Slacker radio for EVERYTING other than listening to the Cincinnati Bearcat Football (real american football i remind you). The cache feature is the selling point for me. you download, sign in, pick what stations you want cached and when you plug it into your PC it will store some music on from that station onto your handheld. where you do not even need to use a radio. you can be in a airplane with everything off and it will still play. but for my Bearcat football i use iheartradio because the play 700wlw....

12-11-09 08:41 AM
    I want Last.FM
    12-11-09 09:35 AM
    Pandora for me. I always have signal.
    12-11-09 10:07 AM
    I use Slacker. Pandora keeps giving me the same 5-7 artists, for some reason. I like them all, but I definitely want more variety. Slacker works great for my needs. I have my EDGE on while @ work because the 3G signal is really weak in this part of the Kansas City suburbs. Yesterday I forgot to switch it back to 3G before I went to the gym & fired up Slacker. It had no problems whatsoever for the hour I had it on. It was only after I closed the application that I realized I hadn't switched it back to 3G & it was running on EDGE the whole time.
    12-11-09 11:16 AM
    I've tried both and love both, but Pandora has the slight edge for me. It plays more of the songs I want to hear when I create a station. While Pandora seems to have more focused song selection, Slacker seems to be more broad-based and might help you discover more music. The wider base comes at a price, though...you probably won't like all the music as much as what you will hear on Pandora, which focuses on the "sweet spot".
    12-11-09 11:57 AM
    Everyone here seems to use pandora, but since i swicthed to my 9700 from a 8310 slacker is MUCH better.

The songs load faster and it seems to have a better selection too.

The only thing i can think of that would make pandora better for me is that im not using the newest version, if i go to update it wont let me... i couldnt install from m.pandora.com i had to do it through the app world.
    I go with both, because when 1 service goes down I switch to the other. Have to agree with your comment about the 9700 because it seems to handle both programs much better than the 8320.

12-11-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD